MDSSP AKO/CAC/Webmail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksmustang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've searched the forums, so hopefully this isn't a repeat. I just commissioned exactly a week ago and I am slightly confused as to what happens next. 2nd year student, I boarded for 3 year MDSSP through USAR.

Apparently, I don't have to drill until after medical school (I am attached to a "ghost" unit), and I am to attend BOLC before residency, so I don't think I have any real obligation, or anything to complete/worry about in the near future.

I am concerned though about maintaining communication and good status. I have an AKO account, which my sponsor just upgraded from SSO to full access. He said that my MDSSP "manager," would contact me through my webmail eventually, but I don't have access to webmail, because I don't have a CAC card.

Does anyone who is MDSSP, or else-wise, have any advice for a noob on how to proceed from here? Thank you.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I've searched the forums, so hopefully this isn't a repeat. I just commissioned exactly a week ago and I am slightly confused as to what happens next. 2nd year student, I boarded for 3 year MDSSP through USAR.

Apparently, I don't have to drill until after medical school (I am attached to a "ghost" unit), and I am to attend BOLC before residency, so I don't think I have any real obligation, or anything to complete/worry about in the near future.

I am concerned though about maintaining communication and good status. I have an AKO account, which my sponsor just upgraded from SSO to full access. He said that my MDSSP "manager," would contact me through my webmail eventually, but I don't have access to webmail, because I don't have a CAC card.

Does anyone who is MDSSP, or else-wise, have any advice for a noob on how to proceed from here? Thank you.

Thanks!
the 3yr deadline is real....on paper, they can disharge you if you haven't completed BOLC by then so don't be risky with your timing

get a CAC card

Reactions: 1 user
congrats you are now apart of the apmc. You will need to start turning in monthly 1380's starting this month for qualified school work. Don't miss a month of turning this form in. It will give you pay and retirement points. They will also make you go down to Georgia for a week for orientation called SFRR. Other than that, try to find time to fit in bolc (good luck).

The apmc told me to not turn in the 1380 until after orientation. Then at orientation they told me I should have been turning in those forms the whole time, so then I ended up with a bad year for retirement purposes. They had also messed up some of my paperwork - which you will find is common. The only other thing you will have to do is height and weight every 6 months and get your uniforms and cac card. Oh and yearly physical exam.

Reactions: 1 users