Meaning of your User name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My name comes from a Starting Line song, they covered a J-LO/JRule Song.

I always use it on XBoxLive or Steam so when I PWN someone the feel emasculated

+ 1 the starting line

Members don't see this ad.

wow I'm impressed by all of these creative names! I discovered SDN & created my account a few days before I took the MCAT, so I was in serious need of some positive thinking at that point, hence "ICanDoThis"

also I had no creativity left in me :laugh:

My names Brenda.

and my friends would call me Sweet B :)

So then, I fell off my porch railing chasing butterflies (trying to take some photo's). We were having a barbeque in the backyard with a gillion guests IMO :eek:. It was so embarassing!!!

Hence the butterfly part :D:D:D
*sigh* im just clumsy like that

Needless to say the shots on the way down (and part of the aftermath) became part of my winning photo series PLUS i ate dirt.:laugh:

Some people get hurt playing soccer, football, basketball. I get hurt taking pictures.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Pete Sampras is a legendary tennis player, who had a serve that was incredibly fast (before he retired). So, they called him "Pistol Pete." I'm a huge tennis fan, so I ran with it.

I thought it meant pistol pete maravich- but sampras was a good athelete too.

My school color, and I was dumb-thought putting doc in was a good idea.

Mine is... you gotta look at it upside down.

hah I like yours. :thumbup:

Mine's pretty obvious... I'm obsessed w/ lacrosse and my lacrosse number is 73... sweet, I know.

When I was a young teen I used to play a role playing game called Morrowind. The name of the fantasy world was 'Vvardenfell' or something similar. So I just ripped off my user name from that.

Wow, most nerdy story ever. :thumbdown:

that was a wicked awesome game, though. way ahead of its time.

Purple is my favorite color, so lavender, and doll because... I don't know, I guess because I'm the innocent, sweet, girly girl type :rolleyes:

And the 88 stands for nothing. 7 is my favorite number, so I can't really say why or how I chose it!! I actually realized later (via my mom pointing this out to me, haha) that people might think it's my birth year. But it's not, I was born in 82.

that's me!

my sn is a combo of two things i love: medicine and watermelon.

ba6eekh (بطيج) is the arabic word for watermelon. the 6 is a representation of the arabic letter (Ÿ), because that letter looks like a six, and theres no letter in the english alphabet that represents the sound that arabic letter produces.

I'm a fan of the show "Scrubs," more for it's humor than the medical framework, and I find it's theme song to be catchy. A line in the theme song states "I'm no Superman" and I thought that applies to me because 1) I'm a woman and 2) I don't have superpowers and frequently ask others for help when I need it. Seeing as "Scrubs" is in it's last season, I thought it would eventually be a great tribute to a great comedy. It's true that Scrubs is not quite as good as "Seinfeld," but will any show ever be?

I'm a fan of the show "Scrubs," more for it's humor than the medical framework, and I find it's theme song to be catchy. A line in the theme song states "I'm no Superman" and I thought that applies to me because 1) I'm a woman and 2) I don't have superpowers and frequently ask others for help when I need it. Seeing as "Scrubs" is in it's last season, I thought it would eventually be a great tribute to a great comedy. It's true that Scrubs is not quite as good as "Seinfeld," but will any show ever be?
I completely disagree. Scrubs is the greatest sitcom ever! Dr. Acula?!?! Come on now.:lol:

I'm going to challenge all my fellow die hard anime fans to tell me what my name means.

Okay, I'll give you a hint, notice what letter it starts with.

I am a biology and accounting major, and my screen name is just a representation of the 2. Medical-CPA.

When I created mine I really couldn't think of anything. I figured that since I love rottweilers and my dogs are my babies I would try to think of something cool for them. Well, this was all I could come up with.

Not very 'cool' or 'deep' but I lost my oldest (the one on the left in my avatar) to cancer last Monday so it really means more to me now to have my screen name refer to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well my name is pretty self explanitory. I am a black man and at some point I am going to be a doctor and my first name starts with a B. Plus I have a nickname around here and it is Dr. B. God bless.

My name is Sharon. In high school I had a friend who flipped the syllables as a nickname for me. When it came time to spell it, "Ronshar" wasn't the right pronunciation.

People look at it and assume I'm a runner or something, but no. I'm just really lame and I use a nickname from high school.

Dienekes was the bravest of the three hundred Spartans at the Battle of Thermopylae and the source of the famous "Good, then we shall fight in the shade" retort to the comment about the number of Persian archers.

Nice, I love Classical Greece. Although if I could go back in time, I would live in Athens, not Sparta, but Greece, the best, no doubt. The world went down hill with the Roman Empire. No offense to the Italians, but the world peaked in Greece. Nice pick.

mine is just something that i always think of when trying to remind myself not to get upset or stressed out over the little things in life (because there sure are a lot when you are trying to become a doctor)...you know everyone always says 'dont cry over spilled milk' or whatever...

just tryin to keep my head up! :D

I'm going to challenge all my fellow die hard anime fans to tell me what my name means.

Okay, I'll give you a hint, notice what letter it starts with.
I'm not a die-hard anime fan but L was one of the best characters ever.

Remember the cellphone scene with Misa? Ahh that was the best.

Isis is my cat's name....and i'm 24. I know...not the most creative. But i like it, and my cat is super cute.

obviously my screen name describes my passion towards agrarianism.
By using "chicksdigdocs" I hope to convert the entire economy to farming despite the global dependence on high-tech and fossil fuel.

mine is.....
drum roll please!
..my first name.
inorite?
:eek:

When I created mine I really couldn't think of anything. I figured that since I love rottweilers and my dogs are my babies I would try to think of something cool for them. Well, this was all I could come up with.

Not very 'cool' or 'deep' but I lost my oldest (the one on the left in my avatar) to cancer last Monday so it really means more to me now to have my screen name refer to them.

Awe I'm so sorry :( That's so hard...
And I think it's very cool! My dogs are my babies too.

my first and last name spliced and glued back together followed by my favorite number. it was number for football since i was in pop warner and al through high school. i was also 21 for any other sport that I could be like baseball or lacrosse. unfortuantely i play rugby now and you don't really get a choice as to what number you are are....so oh well!!

So your first name is Ryan...

I like decaf coffee, and I always say please. :)

When I signed up for SDN I had a Decaf, Non-fat Latte from Starbucks sitting next to me with the big "Decaf" box checked and in plain sight.

I'm just me.. and 456 is the first 3 numbers of my cell phone number.

justme456 said:
I'm just me.. and 456 is the first 3 numbers of my cell phone number
Ooo, got half the digits. :banana: :biglove: :banana:

as per Wikipedia

"Doublecortin (DCX) is a microtubule-associated protein expressed almost exclusively in immature neurons. Neuronal precursors begin to express DCX shortly after exiting the cell cycle, and continue to express DCX for 2-3 weeks as the cells mature into neurons. Downregulation of DCX begins after 2 weeks, and occurs at the same time that these cells begin to express, a marker for mature neurons"

Nice, I love Classical Greece. Although if I could go back in time, I would live in Athens, not Sparta, but Greece, the best, no doubt. The world went down hill with the Roman Empire. No offense to the Italians, but the world peaked in Greece. Nice pick.
Thanks. I am trying to come up with a new screen name because there is another Dienekes (dienekes88) on SDN and people continuously confuse us for one another.

My SN means "of Berkeley" in Punjabi/Urdhu/possibly hindi.

streetlight manifesto is my favorite band; and my band got to open up for them a bunch of times

Sky Blue is one of my favorite shades of blue. And the E at the end of Sky is to play off the E in blue. And 0610 is the year I started college and the year I graduate:)

The name comes from the science fiction short story "I rowboat" (not the one from the Onion, the other one). If you ever read the story you'll understand the kind of mood I was in when I joined SDN.

Also Parrotfish is misspelled because I can't spell.

TB-the name of my childhood dog (Teddy Bear because he was a shaggy brown poodle)
PAP-the nickname I called my dog. I've used this username since 95! :laugh:

in SAT prep class, our instructor told us to memorize 3-5 "intelligent" and "interesting" sounding words from the dictionary to use and recycle in the essay portion.

anomalous was my favorite- "deviating from the common order". i try to use it whenever i can :)

"What if g-d was one of us. Just a slob, like one of us."

he'd pretty much be a bloody surgeon... that or a lion, but that name was already taken.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1jSvgBaNjM[/YOUTUBE]

in SAT prep class, our instructor told us to memorize 3-5 "intelligent" and "interesting" sounding words from the dictionary to use and recycle in the essay portion.

anomalous was my favorite- "deviating from the common order". i try to use it whenever i can :)

i did that for my spanish AP essay in high school. i had 5 or 6 obscure verbs that started the letter A in there. i still got a 3. :confused:

btw, my name has no significant meaning. i was trying to think of a username when i saw a bottle of rubbing alcohol on my desk so i was going to type isopropyl but thought that was too nerdy so i shortened it to isoprop. :sleep:

btw, my name has no significant meaning. i was trying to think of a username when i saw a bottle of rubbing alcohol on my desk so i was going to type isopropyl but thought that was too nerdy so i shortened it to isoprop. :sleep:
See, when i saw your name, i thought isopopanol= big bulky nuceophile...

Well mine is easy. I was born in 1986 and I am studying to be a medical technican :)

Awe I'm so sorry :( That's so hard...
And I think it's very cool! My dogs are my babies too.

Thanks. Yeah, it's been a rough week, but my other guy has been getting extra love and is starting to perk up a bit. He's still curling up on all her old toys but he's stopped searching for her food dish.

How many furbabies do you have? Will you be taking them to school with you?

I completely disagree. Scrubs is the greatest sitcom ever! Dr. Acula?!?! Come on now.:lol:

^dude that junk is freakin sick lol!...lol especially JD...which reminds me so much of myself lol...

Before I decided i wanted to go to medical school I made my living as part of a paranormal studies team.

...college nickname

I'm not a die-hard anime fan but L was one of the best characters ever.

Remember the cellphone scene with Misa? Ahh that was the best.

Oh yeah, that was pretty good. My fav episode by far was "Matsuda".

The medical application process can sometimes seem a little bit challenging. But if you just relax, and put a smile on your face, and do your best each day, every day can be like a beautiful dream!

You won' t even think about all the waitlists you are on! You won't need to check ten times a day to see if maybe you were accepted, but the letter got lost! You might not even GO COMPLETELY INSANE lsdkfasdkljhfj1423451@#$%!3

Mine means "freedom" in Farsi. And... I like freedom! Yeah! :thumbup:

There is no deep story behind this. Although my AIM screenname is "SolarRaise" because my dad is fobby and didn't know that I meant "SolarRays." We had AOL when I was like 12 and he made my screenname for me. I've just kept it ever since.

There was no deep story behind that, either, it turns out.

song= i was an opera major in college- the corsets, silly wigs, and lots and lots of drama!

doc= obvious

82= year of my birth

:)