Meaning of your User name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
song= i was an opera major in college- the corsets, silly wigs, and lots and lots of drama!

doc= obvious

82= year of my birth

:)

Your college had opera as a major!!! That is soo cool.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine comes from song lyrics of a jack's mannequin song, "dark blue". Plus I have an unnatural obsession with anything that has stars on it... so I figured this fit better than any of the other ideas i had.

Contrary to what others have thought, I am not a boxer.

See, when i saw your name, i thought isopopanol= big bulky nuceophile...

you nerd. when i think of isopropanol, i think, "aww one methyl group too much from the good stuff."

Members don't see this ad :)
BoxingTheStars sounds like a name for a cool band

Anyway my name is simple:

metal - because heavy metal is my favorite type of music
MD - because I want to be a doctor, and jam out to Pantera in the OR
06 - because I made this name 2 years ago and my goal was to become a doctor in six years.

jgberken, you didn't happen to go to Harvard for Orgo, did you?

oh for mine, well its not so creative

a-first name
e-middle name
med-obvious
724- because I'm me 7/24 :laugh: not really they're just random

Mine has no meaning at all. I just wanted it to start with an x.

My son's name is Leif (after the explorer) and he's kind of small....

i have red hair and i love spanish culture--and my boyfriend is argentine.

Members don't see this ad :)
In middle school I wrote a short story about Wednesday Adams recruiting people for her army (weird, I know).

no, i didnt. berkeley. why? did your prof refer to it as a big bulky nucleophile too? haha i loved it when my ochem prof did that. but i thought he made it up and it was unique! i guess not :rolleyes:

Yeah and he would make gestures too, that alluded to its bulkiness, like spreading his arms and stuff. He was an awesome prof, not beacause of this, but because he really made orgo interesting.

Mine is actually completely different from my username for everything else:

funky: I am weird
dr: what I want to be
monkey: what I want to be... I mean I like monkeys.

I got a reputation for being very methodical in everything I do. (Read: I take the time to do things right instead of half-assed)

LCW are my initials, so I came up with LikeClockWork to include both of those.

Big Christopher Walken fan (I mean...c'mon, it's..crazy/More cowbell! -you get the point)

I think the "Doc" part is self-explanatory on this site.

I got a reputation for being very methodical in everything I do. (Read: I take the time to do things right instead of half-assed)

LCW are my initials, so I came up with LikeClockWork to include both of those.

Pretty creative stuff. :thumbup:

Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, he's gone.

Um...I like tasty things!

Oh...comeon! have none of you been excited to see an enormous Man-feast in front of you?

I think we had another thread on this some time ago. I reviewed this one though and I'm not in there so here goes: nothing smashing, my brother used to say "you're such a primadonna" when I was an annoying little sister so it stuck. Add in my birthday 2/22/74 since believe it or not there have been other primadonnas before me on this forum; hence, primadonna22274. A joke at myself, really, and a reminder to lighten up.

From a young age, I was known to be a bit of a pistol; speaking my mind wherever and whenever. So my parents started calling me something in hindi that translates into firefly - or someone that is feisty or quick to attack or sting. And since I am a girl, I became fireflygirl :oops:

Mine is pretty simple:

zeus = Our dog's name, an Akita, his name truly fits him because he thinks he is all mighty.

22 = Favorite number, plus my birthday 10/22, plus my number throughout sports. Also Emmitt Smith's number back in the day for the Cowboys!

seraph = 3 winged angel

524 = my birthday, 5/24

From a young age, I was known to be a bit of a pistol; speaking my mind wherever and whenever. So my parents started calling me something in hindi that translates into firefly - or someone that is feisty or quick to attack or sting. And since I am a girl, I became fireflygirl :oops:

What's the word in Hindi that translates to "firefly"?

Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, he's gone.

Awesome! One of my favorite movies - The Usual Suspects!

I was born in germany and have known for some time that i wanted to be a doctor. When I set up my first email account I chose "z drumdoc" as in "the drumdoc" but with a german accent.

one of my favorite movies too. thanks for reminding me i have it; i'm going to watch it tonight.

my name = my family's airplane. a 1946 Taylorcraft BC-12D. my dad restored it himself. it is very awesome and a joy to fly.

not a surprise....my UG

Last edited:
Apparently, my name just at birth before I was formally named a few days later with a very very absurd name. In Hindi, Piyush means the flame on an oil lamp. Somehow, my parents decided to change my nice name to the first word they heard when they got off the plane in Libya (I was the youngest in my family to fly at 28 days).

Cheers

'K' is my first name initial
'Neige' is snow in French
I was studying French at one point, never seen snow at that time but I decided I love snow. There you go!

Concordia= harmony in Latin (?)

Reminder to myself to keep things in perspective. Because I never do. But I try.

Mine is a transliteration of the word αλεθεια, which means "truth" in Greek and is the root word of my name.

Mine is a transliteration of the word αλεθεια, which means "truth" in Greek and is the root word of my name.

αλήθεια :)

Must I explain what my favorite bug qualities entails...deadly, explosive, contagious. My interest in research and its application in medicine (hence my motivation for MD/Ph.D) was through learning about the discoveries of this unique virus.

I love ancient Greek. I'm taking my second year of it and it is by far the most rewarding/challenging class I've ever taken.

I made my sn before I took Greek, but now I'd probably have "teis areteis" meaning "by/with virtue/excellence." Motivates me.

But, if you couldn't tell, I'm more mature than a toddler and I surf so I'm a surferboy. Once I get in to med school I'll change it to surferdude haha cuz I'll be coooooooooooooool

Amakhosi: Zulu for "Chiefs" of Lords, reference to the greatest soccer team ever to grace a pitch in S.A: The Kaiser Chiefs.

DLO- nickname coined after my friends decided that I was the "sexy b**ch" of our group........of guys. :oops::rolleyes:

mine is a Russian word meaning something like "dude". I lived in Russia and it's what people would yell out to me to get my attention. I later learned that it has Yiddish roots, borrowed from Slavic ("potz") and refers to the penis. Oops, maybe I would have chosen something else....like "shlang", the Russian word for a hose.

GophurIt

Go
For
It

(like the song, Go for it once go for it twice, go for it, connect four!)

go for what?
anything. here it is medical school. No matter what advisor or person in your life said this or that.

Just go for it.
and I feel like Gophers work pretty hard.
Something a procrastinator like myself must remember to do at the right times.

:luck: