This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aspiringdoctor_56

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ik getting into medical school is much more competitive than getting into a Medical tech program but I feel like I already ruined my chances. I got a C in bio, chem lab, calc. I failed gen chem 1 so I'm gonna have to retake it and get a A but will any med tech program accept me with a C in lab? I love working in the lab but I just had a rough time adjusting to my first semester. If I get A's and B's from now with a 3.5 gpa, will I have a good chance of getting into a good med tech program? I would have a BS so if I did get denied bc of my grades, would the only option be to get an associates at a community college to be a med lab technician and then be a MT? Btw Ik MLT to mt is longer but I'm sure it's the only way to be a MT if I don't get accepted to a mt right away. I would appreciate if mt's or mlt's would share what they think got them in or how they boosted their app. Thank you