Med school in 3 years? I'm so sick of going slow.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

life1chance

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Here's the situation. I am so sick of having to go at the same dull, slow, boring pace as everyone else in undergrad when things come much more quickly for me. :sleep: I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but it is frustrating sometimes. I have a very high IQ and really don't have to sit down and study for hours for tests like other people.

Basically, the thing is that I feel like I'm just wasting my life away when I should already be finished with medical school by now. I have no doubt that I will finish medical school without problem. How do I know? Because organic chemistry was a cinch. Biochemistry was easy reading. I know my peers don't feel the same, but it just comes much easier for me.

Anyway, here is my question: will medical schools let me graduate in 3 years or maybe even 2 if I can show them I am fully capable of doing it? I will be finishing my 2 majors in no less than 3 years at my undergraduate institution, which is a good school by the way :cool:, located on the east coast (not revealing my grad school specifically for reasons of anonymity). I know medical school will not be a problem for me and would like to get out into the REAL world ASAP! I'm consistently scoring above 30 on my MCAT practice tests. :rolleyes:

Well, sorry if I am ranting, but I just feel like my life is passing me by. Einstein wouldn't have sat in a classroom for 8 years waiting to figure out E=MC2, ya know?! :laugh: Alright, so that is my question, does anyone have an idea? Have any of you done it yourselves?

Please no one tell me to "enjoy my college and med school years." The utter ignorance of so many of my classmates drives me crazy. They have no appreciation for life and are, to not mince words, idiots. I know there are things out there that I need to discover in order to help mankind, but I can't do it when the "system" is holding me back. Thanks for reading the long post!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Epic troll post, sir.

Epic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. Here's the situation. I am so sick of having to go at the same dull, slow, boring pace as everyone else in undergrad when things come much more quickly for me. :sleep: I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but it is frustrating sometimes. I have a very high IQ and really don't have to sit down and study for hours for tests like other people.

Basically, the thing is that I feel like I'm just wasting my life away when I should already be finished with medical school by now. I have no doubt that I will finish medical school without problem. How do I know? Because organic chemistry was a cinch. Biochemistry was easy reading. I know my peers don't feel the same, but it just comes much easier for me.

Anyway, here is my question: will medical schools let me graduate in 3 years or maybe even 2 if I can show them I am fully capable of doing it? I will be finishing my 2 majors in no less than 3 years at my undergraduate institution, which is a good school by the way :cool:, located on the east coast (not revealing my grad school specifically for reasons of anonymity). I know medical school will not be a problem for me and would like to get out into the REAL world ASAP! I'm consistently scoring above 30 on my MCAT practice tests. :rolleyes:

Well, sorry if I am ranting, but I just feel like my life is passing me by. Einstein wouldn't have sat in a classroom for 8 years waiting to figure out E=MC2, ya know?! :laugh: Alright, so that is my question, does anyone have an idea? Have any of you done it yourselves?

Please no one tell me to "enjoy my college and med school years." The utter ignorance of so many of my classmates drives me crazy. They have no appreciation for life and are, to not mince words, idiots. I know there are things out there that I need to discover in order to help mankind, but I can't do it when the "system" is holding me back. Thanks for reading the long post!!!

Not buying your post at all (too over the top, sorry), but I think it's safe to say that you are going to find med school class substantially more challenging. My bet is you overestimate your abilities and find yourself on the five year plan, rather than three. Good luck.

Epic troll post, sir.

Epic.

You can say what you like, but I am not a troll. I'm looking for a simple answer and experiences:

1. Can you graduate medical school in 2-3 years?
  2. Have any of you done it? If so, how did you do it and did it work out fine?
It's really irritating how when anyone asks a question that might mildly upset someone (like you), they are automatically labeled as a troll. I am not a troll. I am seeking information, just like you. Thank you.

This troll seems particularly hungry. In before lock.

Law2Doc, others, I'm being honest. Please just tell me if I can do it or not?

You can say what you like, but I am not a troll. I'm looking for a simple answer and experiences:

1. Can you graduate medical school in 2-3 years?
  2. Have any of you done it? If so, how did you do it and did it work out fine?
It's really irritating how when anyone asks a question that might mildly upset someone (like you), they are automatically labeled as a troll. I am not a troll. I am seeking information, just like you. Thank you.

1. No.
2. No.

You can seek information without talking about how you are equivalent to Einstein and how everyone else is an idiot. Hence either you are a world class $&%#, or a troll. We are giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Stop whining. The answer is simple:
Yes, if you go to an unaccredited med school.
No, if you go to an LCME med school.

I like the commitment.

1. No.
2. No.

You can seek information without talking about how you are equivalent to Einstein and everyone else is an idiot. Hence either you are a world class A-hol3, or a troll. We are giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Haha, thank you for the answers. I didn't mean to come across comparing myself to Einstein! I was just saying that we all could follow his example!

So is it just "un-doable" or do medical schools actually NOT allow this?

So is it just "un-doable" or do medical schools actually NOT allow this?

Both. You cannot. In case a non-troll is reading this, I'll answer. You have to take certain things in med school to satisfy the LCME rules, and to match into residency. That means all the courses they cram into two basic science years, plus a year of clinical rotations, and then a certain number of electives and sub-I's. Plus take the steps. So it takes 4 years. There used to be schools that allowed a compressed faster paced schedule for folks who already had a PhD in a science, but the LCME did away with these as problematic. so now 4 years is the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.