med school info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mads

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi ,
my name is Madhu and i'm from India . i have graduated in microbiology and biochemistry and would like to pursue a career in medicine . the only hitch being , that if i dont get financial assistance it would be impossible for me to study medicine in the states . would you guys be able to help me out with what kind of financial assistance is available and the pre-requisites for joining . Thanx .

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
The pre-requisites are basically as follows:
1 Year English with Composition
1 Year Physics with Lab
1 Year General Chem (also called Inorganic Chem) with Lab.
1 Year of Organic Chem with Lab
At least 1 semester/quarter of Biochem with Lab.
1 Year of Biology with LAB

I am assuming that you would apply as a foreign student. Well, unfortunately the registration fees for foreign students is higher than for residents and citizens. Its almost double. As for financial aid, I am not sure if foreign students are eligible to apply for federal student loans. But if I had to guess, I don't think so. The banks sometimes offer loans but you may want to check on the interest rates. Also if there is a particular school that you are interested in, contact that school. Find out how other foreign students in that school are financing their education. Most schools have an office of international student affairs. They should be able to guide you. Hope this helps, and I hope I didn't discourage you. Good luck.

Let me know if you need more info. My email: [email protected]