You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Med School twitter accounts?
Started by thestrokes14
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I love UMich's twitter account. Are there any other med schools that keep applicants up to date on admissions information? Thanks!
Try @pritzkerpodcast/medical-school-admissions
I love UMich's twitter account. Are there any other med schools that keep applicants up to date on admissions information? Thanks!
You can check the individual school's website or search schools on Twitter that you may be interested. Being a relatively new phenomena, I don't think many schools would have a twitter feed, but I could see that changing in the near future.
Edit: Search "School of Medicine" on Twitter and you will find numerous results...
Also consider that UMichigan is much quicker than other schools in their admissions decisions, so expect to see more schools offering admissions information during August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love UMich's twitter account. Are there any other med schools that keep applicants up to date on admissions information? Thanks!
McGill University in Montreal, Canada does..they're pretty good about it too.
Without me having to lurk various schools twitters, can anyone provide the benefit/s of reading'em?
Are there tips or something?
The Michigan Twitter often has little tips for applying. Some are Michigan specific, but many aren't.
lol that is pretty funny. I should send this to all the pompous premed aholes that bragged about how their 3k mission trip is a golden ticket to med school.
I actually had a chance to go abroad and I thought it was a valuable experience (not just a resume booster). But still, I thought that tweet was really interesting to know.
Case also has an admissions twitter feed. See sig for details!
Case also has an admissions twitter feed. See sig for details!
omg advertising spam
omg advertising spam
Nah. Just a helpful link. I spend most of my time in the Case threads anyway.🙂
...😏
UT-Houston has a twitter feed too.
@UTHAdmissions
@UTHAdmissions
Who else remembers when UMich tweeted that one of dbeast's threads was stupid?![]()
UMich has a tendency for doing that sort of thing.😏
Who else remembers when UMich tweeted that one of dbeast's threads was stupid?![]()
If I were applying this cycle, I'd put "Trolling UMich's Admissions Office" as one of my most meaningful activities 😀
PS- just to clarify, that thread was intended to be stupid...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
University of Tennessee has one, but it looks like it's more of a general feed, not specific to med admissions.
Who else remembers when UMich tweeted that one of dbeast's threads was stupid?![]()
link pls?
Hey, Case Admissions acknowledged this thread! Seems like a promising feed. Check them out here:
http://twitter.com/#!/CaseMedAdmiss
http://twitter.com/#!/CaseMedAdmiss
The dozen or so I follow are the major ones I know of. Some, like Stanford and WUSTL, tweet interesting research-related news, while others, like UMich and Case, tweet admissions info. Check my Twitter to see the ones I follow.
The dozen or so I follow are the major ones I know of. Some, like Stanford and WUSTL, tweet interesting research-related news, while others, like UMich and Case, tweet admissions info. Check my Twitter to see the ones I follow.
Case tweets admissions info as well as updates about things going on around in our hospitals and neighborhoods.👍
.
Last edited:
They're referring to invasive procedures. One girl I knew from undergrad bragged about how she got to give out H1N1 vaccines on a trip to Ecuador. She literally got the syringe and plunged it in to someone's shoulder. She's not trained to do this and something bad could've happened.
If you're there to help counsel patients or teach about diseases, which I what I did on my trips, it's a fantastic experience. On the other hand, if you're performing illegal activities, I'd stop.
If you're there to help counsel patients or teach about diseases, which I what I did on my trips, it's a fantastic experience. On the other hand, if you're performing illegal activities, I'd stop.
wow that seems a little harsh - i feel like these experiences can be very valuable... i wonder what they mean by "trained to do"
Taking advantage of a lack of patient protection measures for your own benefit in many third world countries is ethically dubious at best.
(sent from my phone - please forgive typos)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 2K