Medhub and Step 1???

Started by Pool
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pool

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an M1 at a USMD school which consistently scores below the national Step 1 average. This was brought up in a "town hall" with our Dean, and he mentioned that the school is going to use Medhub to improve our curriculum?

That didn't make much sense to me, so I looked up what medhub is, and it seems to be a website for evaluations and residency stuff. Given that I'm a clueless m1, can someone explain how medhub has anything to do with Step 1? Or was our dean just bulls**ting us?

((I realize this question would have been better suited at our dean, but he was kind of intimidating so I didn't want to confront him about his statement lol🙁🙁))
 
I am guessing they misspoke or you misheard.

MedHub will not improve anyone's step scores. We use MedHub as a residency management system. I am convinced that interacting with MedHub vampirically drains intelligence, and each interaction brings the world closer to Armageddon / the rapture / Zombie apocalypse. I would stay away if I were you.
 
The dean likely meant medhub will be used to collect student feedback on lectures which will be used to facilitate more board relevant teaching.

Unfortunately medhub is so aggravating after you fill out the 10,000th course eval for the lecturer you barely remember. It requires incessant button clicking and sucks away so much time that it becomes counterproductive. It is almost universally detested among my class