Medical College of Ohio secondary....please help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unicorn1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was working on my secondary for MCO and am really trying to finish tonight....they have this question on cultural comptence: "Medical College of Ohio is committed to excellenice in education which prepares graduates to deliver quality health care. Developing cultural competence is an important goal in our curriculum. Cultural competence is defined as an awareness, understanding and ability to use specific methods to deal effectively with cultural issues and its role in health and health care. Please discuss a life experience in which you feel you demonstrated cultural competence."

Im not quite sure what type of example they are looking for.
I work in the ER and deal with culturally diverse people all the time...but Im not sure I used " specific methods" to deal with them...except for getting a translator

Please help with some feedback!!!! I would really really appreciate it!! Especially if u applied to this school and dealt with the question so might know what they are looking for:):)
Thanks a lot guys:)

Members don't see this ad.

I talked about my experience going down with doctors to Ensenada, Mexico. Must have helped cause I just interviewed there. Good luck.

Jetson

hey...just curious what did you say in terms of how you specifically displayed "cultural comptence"
thanks for all the help

I wrote mine about a volunteer experience working with underpriveleged children at a couseling center. Got an interview, so worked for me!!