Medical College of Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amberm4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a secondary invite today. They want you to print it off and mail it. Will they accept handwritten information? I don't own an old-fashioned typewriter! :) Has anyone else submitted here?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure it's okay to send it in handwritten, but if you REALLY want it typed, you could open a blank word document and type the answers to all the fields. Then, print out the standard secondary and use that same paper to print the word document that contains your info. It would probably take some time to figure out the alignment in the word document. Otherwise, if you have photoshop, you could probably import the secondary file and type your answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
amberm4 said:
I received a secondary invite today. They want you to print it off and mail it. Will they accept handwritten information? I don't own an old-fashioned typewriter! :) Has anyone else submitted here?
i copied and pasted all the questions into a new word document and played with the formatting until it looked like the original application. then i typed my answers onto the word document. i also attached a page with my answers to both the essay questions, because it didn't fit.

and i got their interview invite today!

how long was your essay for the two questions?

I used PDF writer to type in the boxes provided, then printed it out.

I didn't address the extenuating circumstances question.

For the other one I used about 3/4 of the space provided.

would it be ok if, for the cultural competence question, i wrote about an experience i already mentioned in my PS??

That should be fine - just try to get some different angles. also, if you grew up in CA, chances are you've encountered a lot of diversity whether you realized it or not. I just started at MUOT (it's the Medical University of Ohio now), and while I think the school is great, I was definitely a little surprised at the lack of diversity in the area (I came from San Francisco). That said, I would give your app plenty of effort because they do take a lot of OOS students and they do everything they can to help you succeed. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions!

Guys I called to check my status today and I got an interview invite! She said they recently sent a bunch out.

Awesome! Congratulations!

It's always exciting to hear when the schools start sending out interview invites.

Thanks!! I know, it was great news. My day is October 3rd; I think that's their first week or at least one of them (maybe not though) and the lady said the interviews are all on Mondays and Thursdays.