Medical Dog Name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ankyara

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi !! I'm getting a light red female siberian husky!! :) I want a psych or just medicine related name but can't come up with anything! Help me !
1620535_10152018987197672_122978315_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Hygieia or Panacea who were two daughters of Aescalapius ( the God of Medicine).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Freud

edited: Sorry, just realized she's female

Hygieia or Panacea who were two daughters of Aescalapius ( the God of Medicine).
Zywie = Slavic goddess of health
Sirona= Celtic goddess of health

Hildegard of Bingen = Germany's first female physician
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross = stages of grief
Dame Cicely Saunders = founder of the hospice movement

Last edited:
I've always been partial to xiphoid but it seems like a better name for an alien than a dog.

Einthoven (inventor of the EKG) would be a good pet name for a male pet.

Clara Barton founded the Red Cross...

Reactions: 1 user
I agree on the coolness of Pheo except that you'd have to spell it and explain it to everybody at the dog park.

How about Apgar? Saved a whole lot of babies she did. And got on a stamp.

Or Moxie: short for moxifloxacin.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree on the coolness of Pheo except that you'd have to spell it and explain it to everybody at the dog park.

How about Apgar? Saved a whole lot of babies she did. And got on a stamp.

Or Moxie: short for moxifloxacin.
I wouldn't mind the spelling because my other dog's name is Khaleesi!!! That's a pain! But Pheo sound more like a male to me!!! I lovedddd Apgar!! My husband is a pediatric resident... I will run it by him :) Thx!

I love Ivy as well. :)

She's so precious. I've been having major dog withdrawals ever since I moved to my apartment that doesn't allow pets. :(

astasia
abasia
scrofula (should be a scruffy little mutt though)
Rhizopus (better for a cat of course)
bezoar (again, too scruffy for a pretty husky)
typhi
furfur
bubo
yersenia
limbus
iris

...clearly I've thought about this too much, & after all that gave my animals normal people names

Last edited:
This is my dog Pheo, I named him after a cancerous tumor
You're that guy or girl who talks about why you broke up with your last S.O. on a first date, aren't you? :laugh:

OK, since the OP didn't pick it, I'm calling dibs on Pheo in case I ever reach a point in life where I can own a dog.

One of the other residents here named her dog Lidocaine (Lido for short). She's a golden retriever. (The dog, not the resident!)

Friend's dog is named Benzo because he's so chilled.

Reactions: 4 users
mTOR inhibitors work pretty well. Kind of sound like gladiator names. Tacrolimus, Everolimus, Temsirolimus.

Addison

(Addison's disease and Grey's Anatomy Addison Shepard)

My boyfriend wants to name our future dog "bovie" -- used in surgery.

What about Mallory (Weiss)?

Some of these are too funny.

Good luck with the pup!!

Serotonin, but "Sara" for short.

Reactions: 1 users
Name her Cardiac arrest = what you'll be in when the total of your student loans equal a 4 bedroom home price in a decent neighborhood!

(very cute dog)

Medicina. The Spanish and Italian word for medicine.

Stitches...
Astro (astrocytoma or astrocyte)

How about Hip... either for hippocrates or the part of the body?

Ugh...that was stupid...never mind. Right as I hit enter, I knew that was a terrible idea.

Hi !! I'm getting a light red female siberian husky!! :) I want a psych or just medicine related name but can't come up with anything! Help me !View attachment 179432

Not sure about names but make sure you're ready to handle a husky. A lot of owners end up dumping them because they think it's such a cool dog to have but don't realize how stubborn and sometimes destructive they can be. They can also be mouthy and do other mischevious things.

Exhibit A: Kenai

436i.jpg

Other than this incident he is actually pretty laid back but still extremely stubborn.