Medical Microbiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemwiz14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know a good set of flashcards for all the bacteria??

Members don't see this ad.

Most people endorse Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple.

Members don't see this ad :)
"clinical micro" is usually more geared to wards than we needed. it puts a way higher emphasis on drugs than you need for most m1 micro classes, for example. all that space on which cephalosporin is which generation, etc, whereas (at least with us) we just had to know general facts about cephalosporins and the typical drug from each generation. it was still good for the mnemonics, though.

I have the "Bug cards" for microbiology (fungi, bacteria, virus).

I also have Micro Made Ridiculously easy. It is almost the consensus book for microbio (I think).

"clinical micro" is usually more geared to wards than we needed. it puts a way higher emphasis on drugs than you need for most m1 micro classes, for example. all that space on which cephalosporin is which generation, etc, whereas (at least with us) we just had to know general facts about cephalosporins and the typical drug from each generation. it was still good for the mnemonics, though.

Depends on your micro course I think. It is pretty well targetted for a lot of schools, and for some, was not a lot of extraneous detail. In fact I found the other extreme (particularly on the drugs aspects) -- you couldn't really ace your med school course solely by that book - it didn't go into quite enough detail. But the mnemonics and pictures were helpful for some things.