medical psychiatry textbook recommendation

Started by chr14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chr14

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an incoming PGY1 and I am looking for a textbook that goes into detail about medical conditions that cause psychiatric symptoms and talks about the medical conditions on the differentials.

One of the books I found is Textbook of Medical Psychiatry by Summergrad. Does anybody have any thoughts on this one?
Another is Organic Psychiatry by David (but maybe this one is too neuropsychiatry focused)?

Any other suggestions?
 
I'm an incoming PGY1 and I am looking for a textbook that goes into detail about medical conditions that cause psychiatric symptoms and talks about the medical conditions on the differentials.

One of the books I found is Textbook of Medical Psychiatry by Summergrad. Does anybody have any thoughts on this one?
Another is Organic Psychiatry by David (but maybe this one is too neuropsychiatry focused)?

Any other suggestions?

Any medical condition can cause psychiatric symptoms, either directly or indirectly. I'm not really sure what you're looking for.
 
I'm an incoming PGY1 and I am looking for a textbook that goes into detail about medical conditions that cause psychiatric symptoms and talks about the medical conditions on the differentials.

One of the books I found is Textbook of Medical Psychiatry by Summergrad. Does anybody have any thoughts on this one?
Another is Organic Psychiatry by David (but maybe this one is too neuropsychiatry focused)?

Any other suggestions?

mass gen handbook of general hospital psychiatry. easier reading.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad