Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently taking prerequisites and studying for the MCAT which I will take in September. I am going to be applying this cycle and just wanted to see what you all thought about my situation. I played division 1 soccer and professional soccer for 2 years and now I have decided to apply to medical school.
My overall GPA (2010-2014) and now (2017-2018) is a 3.2
I currently have a 3.67 science GPA (which includes my C and B in Gen Chem 1 and 2 from 2011)
Since going back to take classes I have a 3.91 GPA which includes Psych, Statistics, Physics 1 and 2, Orgo 1 and 2 and Bio 1 and 2, all with labs.
300+ shadowing experience
30 hours of volunteering
I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight of what people thought my chances will be if I do well on my MCAT and if you think a post bacc program/masters will definitely be in my future to increase my chances. I am also 26 years old and feel like time is not on my side.
My overall GPA (2010-2014) and now (2017-2018) is a 3.2
I currently have a 3.67 science GPA (which includes my C and B in Gen Chem 1 and 2 from 2011)
Since going back to take classes I have a 3.91 GPA which includes Psych, Statistics, Physics 1 and 2, Orgo 1 and 2 and Bio 1 and 2, all with labs.
300+ shadowing experience
30 hours of volunteering
I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight of what people thought my chances will be if I do well on my MCAT and if you think a post bacc program/masters will definitely be in my future to increase my chances. I am also 26 years old and feel like time is not on my side.