Medical School Applicant with Pokemon Avatars Pt. II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaigantic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ever since I saw the first "Medical School Applicants with Pokemon Applicants" thread by @mauroz, I've thought it was a great way to track our application progress and add a little fun to an otherwise stressful process. It seems like the old thread has lost interest so I thought I'd revive it. Given that the 2017-2018 cycle applicants might start seeing IIs soon, this seems like a good time to hop in! Hopefully this gains some traction and we get a lot of participants.

Here's how it works. Choose a pokemon with evolutions to accompany you along your app journey and make it your SDN avatar. Then evolve and change your avatar using one of the following methods:
  • First evolution at acceptance, second evolution at matriculation
  • First evolution upon receiving your first interview, second evolution at acceptance
  • First evolution upon attending your first interview, second evolution at acceptance
You can choose any of the evolution tracks above or choose your own if you want to incorporate the newer types of evolutions and game mechanics (which I'm not entirely familiar with)

Link to old thread with C/O 2020 and 2021: Medical School Applicants with Pokemon Avatars

I'll start the C/O 2022 off with myself and my fav pokemon:

POKÉMON CLASS OF 2022 ROLL CALL:

@Jaigantic-Abra
@djtallahassee -Charmander

Hopefully I'm not appealing to too old of an audience and at least some of you hold pokemon as near and dear to your heart as I do! Feel free to add yourself by stating your class year and pokemon name and I will update the list periodically.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ever since I saw the first "Medical School Applicants with Pokemon Applicants" thread by @mauroz, I've thought it was a great way to track our application progress and add a little fun to an otherwise stressful process. It seems like the old thread has lost interest so I thought I'd revive it. Given that the 2017-2018 cycle applicants might start seeing IIs soon, this seems like a good time to hop in! Hopefully this gains some traction and we get a lot of participants.

Here's how it works. Choose a pokemon with evolutions to accompany you along your app journey and make it your SDN avatar. Then evolve and change your avatar using one of the following methods:
  • First evolution at acceptance, second evolution at matriculation
  • First evolution upon receiving your first interview, second evolution at acceptance
  • First evolution upon attending your first interview, second evolution at acceptance
You can choose any of the evolution tracks above or choose your own if you want to incorporate the newer types of evolutions and game mechanics (which I'm not entirely familiar with)

Link to old thread with C/O 2020 and 2021: Medical School Applicants with Pokemon Avatars

I'll start the C/O 2022 off with myself and my fav pokemon:

POKÉMON CLASS OF 2022 ROLL CALL:

@Jaigantic-Abra
@djtallahassee - Charmander

Hopefully I'm not appealing to too old of an audience and at least some of you hold pokemon as near and dear to your heart as I do! Feel free to add yourself by stating your class year and pokemon name and I will update the list periodically.

Members don't see this ad :)
Huh I always thought it was 1st evolution upon getting into med school, second evolution upon graduation/becoming a physician.

Huh I always thought it was 1st evolution upon getting into med school, second evolution upon graduation/becoming a physician.
Lol, something tells me the attrition rate for such a system would be pretty high. But maybe you can be the first one to carry through ;)

While the Pokemon's are fine avatars, can't you think up something new and unique for this years class?

A few years ago everyone used penguin avatars for their cycle. Then the Pokemon's. And last year many jumped on the lucky banana avatar in honor of @bananafish94 being selected off the waitlist.

I think it's more fun when something happens organically rather than forcing it. JMO

Reactions: 1 users
While the Pokemon's are fine avatars, can't you think up something new and unique for this years class?

A few years ago everyone used penguin avatars for their cycle. Then the Pokemon's. And last year many jumped on the lucky banana avatar in honor of @bananafish94 being selected off the waitlist.

I think it's more fun when something happens organically rather than forcing it. JMO
I just thought pokemon was a good idea since its a popular franchise and something I enjoy. I like the idea of tracking and "growing" i.e. evolving, through your app cycle but if someone has a different idea, I'm fine with that. It'll be clear if there is little interest in this to begin with.

Meanwhile, Lee is just like
250px-493Arceus.png

Reactions: 3 users

If my most enduring legacy on this earth is inspiring more banana-themed SDN profiles, I'm okay with that.

Reactions: 1 users
IMG I was wondering why there were so many banana profiles.