Medical School Applicants with Pokemon Avatars

Started by mauroz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Also I just noticed that @breezy16 needs to watch out for @integrin!! (Does anyone else remember why?)
 
tumblr_mrw7ycPhh11qdai9lo1_500.gif


🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahahahaha that's even better than my explaining it! Sorry @breezy16 🙁
Haha I don't know where this is from, but the three pika faces at the end are so cute / funny!
It's from the short movie Pikachu & Pichu! Basically the Pichu Gang and Houndour don't get along because the latter always chases the former and then the Pichus find a way to get back at Houndour, usually with a local Snorlax lol

Also the full animation is here:
tumblr_m240in7OIW1qlms3vo1_500.gif
 
@mauroz You need to update your list faster or else I'll start doing it in my post!! 😛

@dog_swag (7/27 22:58 #26) – Growlithe #1
@breezy16 (7/27 23:53 #29) – Houndour
@Axes (7/27 23:58 #30) – Totodile
@Temporary Superman (7/28 11:22 #1050) – Growlithe #2
 
I thought about evolving when I got my first acceptance but I'm way too attached to Charmander. If avoiding evolution is good enough for Ash's Pikachu it's good enough for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Done. 🙂
More incoming! @mauroz

@yeezuswest (7/28 11:50 #62) – Bagon
@Gambateru (?? #63) – Charizander

Edit: nvm you already got them! hahah 👍 I think we need to have a different name for that Charmander/Charizard combo, though 😛
 
Oh we forgot about
@kilez12 (7/27 22:45 #24) – Eevee #2

@mauroz, this belongs before dog_swag's entry
 
Wait...might have googled "cutest Pokemon" and caved. Can I be Fennekin? Not even close to one of the original ones (from my limited knowledge base), but so cute 😍
 
Wait...might have googled "cutest Pokemon" and caved. Can I be Fennekin? Not even close to one of the original ones (from my limited knowledge base), but so cute 😍
You're right, it's super cute! You can be anything you want! Looks like it has 3 evolutions so you can follow our standard model going forward 🙂 Welcome!!
@mauroz will add you as: @starlite (7/28 16:11 #68) – Fennekin
 
Honored that I was already added!

Also, when do I become mega venusaur?
Fellowship?
 
Oh we forgot about
@kilez12 (7/27 22:45 #24) – Eevee #2

@mauroz, this belongs before dog_swag's entry

Awww thanks @avgn for including me in this fantastic list. So happy to see all of you fellow Pokemon- enthusiasts among this group of aspiring physicians!
 
Awww thanks @avgn for including me in this fantastic list. So happy to see all of you fellow Pokemon- enthusiasts among this group of aspiring physicians!
Everyone is welcome! Seriously, Pokemon (and Harry Potter) taught me like a lot of adult life lessons when I was just a youngling. It's only fitting that we remember its impact on us as we start embarking on this long journey!

P.S. You need to discuss with @mazarine if you agree with her model of how your Eevee evolutions should work! For reference, this was her suggestion:

"I'm going to evolve when I get my first acceptance. Since I'm Eevee, maybe if I'm lucky enough to get multiple acceptances, I'll change to different Eeveelutions depending on how many I get, starting with the original three. (Doubt I'll ever get to Glaceon or Leafeon, but one can dream...)"​
 
Everyone is welcome! Seriously, Pokemon (and Harry Potter) taught me like a lot of adult life lessons when I was just a youngling. It's only fitting that we remember its impact on us as we start embarking on this long journey!

P.S. You need to discuss with @mazarine if you agree with her model of how your Eevee evolutions should work! For reference, this was her suggestion:

"I'm going to evolve when I get my first acceptance. Since I'm Eevee, maybe if I'm lucky enough to get multiple acceptances, I'll change to different Eeveelutions depending on how many I get, starting with the original three. (Doubt I'll ever get to Glaceon or Leafeon, but one can dream...)"​

Still not sure if that's what I want to do. I might change after each interview and settle on one once I have an acceptance. (I doubt I'll get multiple acceptances XP)
 
Hey @scienceispower94! What are you doing over there quietly with your Swablu?? :uhno: You can't just ignore us! 🙁
 
Side note, @mauroz - pretty sure @phuynh94 's Pokemon is spelled "Gastly," not "Ghastly." Otherwise that would be pretty ghastly! 😉
Ah **** yeah that would be my fault since the first half of the list was copied from what I posted. Poop I forgot about the omnipresent puns found in Pokemon :\
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we want to note when people evolve? Because it looks like we have our first evolution:

@ChillDawg (7/28 20:07 #87) - Poliwag (7/29 22:33 #230) > Poliwhirl

Congrats, by the way! I have the same LizzyM as you but not even a secondary from Davis yet - playing that waiting game XD
 
Do we want to note when people evolve? Because it looks like we have our first evolution:

@ChillDawg (7/28 20:07 #87) - Poliwag (7/29 22:33 #230) > Poliwhirl

Congrats, by the way! I have the same LizzyM as you but not even a secondary from Davis yet - playing that waiting game XD
Yes, we do! But it looks like we're missing some sort of system to track all our brethren. Maybe the users themselves can make sure to update us on this thread!

Congrats @ChillDawg!
 
Updates updates! @mauroz

@Holmwood (7/30 4:00 #91) – Piplup
@Stephanie012694 (7/30 12:32 #449) – Nidoran ♀

Edit: @theonlytycrane (7/30 3:59 #90) – Sandshrew
doesn't belong in the class of 2020, but we can have him/her at the bottom of the first post as an honorary member! Congrats to our first honorary 2021 member! 😀
Same goes for you, @Doctor Dream! If you're committed to having Trapinch as your avatar until your application year, feel free to change it and join us!
 
Last edited:
just realized that there's a Pokemon thread!
btw, I went to Pokemon store in Japan and ended up falling in love with Goomy!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread is wonderful. Some of you found the greatest pics.
I would've wanted to be a Charmander were it not taken multiple times already. That's okay because I found another great one. My water type can one-hit all yalls' Charmanders!!
 
just realized that there's a Pokemon thread!
btw, I went to Pokemon store in Japan and ended up falling in love with Goomy!!!!

Have to go oldschool here.

This thread is wonderful. Some of you found the greatest pics.
I would've wanted to be a Charmander were it not taken multiple times already. That's okay because I found another great one. My water type can one-hit all yalls' Charmanders!!

Added, welcome aboard!