Medical School Applicants with Pokemon Avatars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So my IA on 28 August got me to Arcanine. Got an acceptance on 16 October but now I'm stuck because Arcanine doesn't evolve any further...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a ponyta still available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cyndaquil -> Quilava (II on 9/18/2015)
Still waiting for an acceptance - (Typhosion can't come soon enough ha, ha) Glad for everyone here though, this is a fantastic group of future doctors :)

Updated all!

Just some fun facts:
-We have 73 people participating in this for class of 2020!
-8 people have already decided to do this for class of 2021+.
-We're awesome.
Holy crap! We make it look easy.

Reactions: 1 users
@KatniP (10/16/15 9:19 #378) - Togepi --> ACCEPTED!!! I will become Togetic, and finally a Togekiss!

I'm so excited! :D Too bad I have to retire my adorable togepi avatar though :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Cyndaquil -> Quilava (II on 9/18/2015)
Still waiting for an acceptance - (Typhosion can't come soon enough ha, ha) Glad for everyone here though, this is a fantastic group of future doctors :)

What?...

Quilava is evolving!

Congratulations! Your Quilava has evolved to Typhlosion!

Guys! I'm going to medical school!!!!!

Cyndaquil -> Quilava (II on 9/18/2015) -> Typhlosion (A on 2/22/2016)

I'm glad I posted here, it seems to have pushed an adcom to accept me, lol

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted to my dream school --> evolve to Mismagius! :D

Reactions: 3 users
HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY TO POKÉMON!!!!!

Thank you Nintendo for teaching me perseverance on Route 2 when I realized Charmander was so weak against stupid Brock. (Everyone who picked Squirtle is a cheater btw)

Anyone else see the new promo for the new games coming out later this year?

It's the last like 20 seconds of this video - Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Members don't see this ad :)
That video makes me so nostalgic. Gosh.

It also makes me wish I had a 3DS.
Right?! Those clips from the first three gens really got me haha.

I've got a 3DS but all it does is collect dust on my nightstand :( Seriously hoping I get some time to game once my gap year comes around

Hey guys, @avgn came up with a really cool idea (I think) about having a coalition of sorts on FB. As many of you have experienced at this point, we have class of 2020 fb groups we are invited to @ schools we've been accepted.

What if we did this, but for this group? Itd be a mish mosh of people from different institutions all bonding over our exps in med school and beyond. (The group ofc would be private) If you're down, let's hear about it :) (you can PM me if you'd prefer)

Hey guys, @avgn came up with a really cool idea (I think) about having a coalition of sorts on FB. As many of you have experienced at this point, we have class of 2020 fb groups we are invited to @ schools we've been accepted.

What if we did this, but for this group? Itd be a mish mosh of people from different institutions all bonding over our exps in med school and beyond. (The group ofc would be private) If you're down, let's hear about it :) (you can PM me if you'd prefer)
So down.

Not my idea! Totally piggybacking off of the Class of 2019 thread, @sunflower18 I think came up with the idea last year for her class and upon my reading of the c/o 2019 thread, seems like people are having a pretty good time with it. @sunflower18, that true?

Not a bad idea! If nothing else it will get us through the summer haha.

Not my idea! Totally piggybacking off of the Class of 2019 thread, @sunflower18 I think came up with the idea last year for her class and upon my reading of the c/o 2019 thread, seems like people are having a pretty good time with it. @sunflower18, that true?
I'm part of the class of 2019 fb group, and I'd say it has been a positive experience for most of us. Med school is tough, no doubt. I'm sure all of you are at least aware of that and took that into consideration when making the decision to apply. And not just tough academically - you'd be surprised at how much drama occurs in med school and how much it can affect you mentally, socially, and emotionally (speaking from personal experience here). Having a private fb group where you can vent, ask for advice, share cool things, etc. really does help make med school more tolerable and perhaps even fun (yes, despite all the work I have to do and all the drama I've had to deal with, I've still had fun overall). @sunflower18 and everyone else in the group that I didn't tag would agree with me that it has helped us throughout first year.

Group is created!! We already have 3 members :D

PM me (or @breezy16) with your Facebook URL and we will 1) add you as a friend and 2) add you to the group. This way only people in the group can see other people's identities, for those worried about privacy!

REMINDER – @phuynh94 @mazarine @NotAnotherPreMed @grey_wind
BATSIGNAL-ING @mauroz (you created this thread!!) @bobmccorweg @Okazaki Frag Grenade @jagster92 @Krabbeman @integrin @Cotterpin @dog_swag
...Ah **** it with the tagging, too many people.

The point is, if you see this and want a cool group of real friends to beat around the bush with during this journey, don't delay, dial 1-800-JOIN-NOW and PM one of us!
Also gonna cross-list in the regular c/o 2020 thread

PM me (or @breezy16) with your Facebook URL and we will 1) add you as a friend and 2) add you to the group. This way only people in the group can see other people's identities, for those worried about privacy!

BATSIGNAL-ING @mauroz (you created this thread!!) @bobmccorweg @Okazaki Frag Grenade @jagster92 @Krabbeman @integrin @Cotterpin @dog_swag

The point is, if you see this and want a cool group of real friends to beat around the bush with during this journey, don't delay, dial 1-800-JOIN-NOW and PM one of us!
I hope to be able to join soon!

Hi yes! It's been really great. A lot of us are still very active on the FB and talk to each other regularly. Go for it!

I'm just honored I made the short-list of tags

You're already 2020 in our minds, a part of this friend group, who cares about the end result. Join us!
Glad I waited...it feels even better doing it now!

Say hellloooooo to PIDGEOT!!!!

200.gif

Reactions: 11 users
Rumor has it Pokémon Go comes out today.

Only in like Australia on iOS! You'd need a VPN or proxy to download it

It just started working in the android play store!

It just started working in the android play store!

I GOT IT ON IOS AND CURRENTLY I CAN ONLY FIND PSYDUCK wtf

Rumor has it Pokémon Go comes out today.
And it isn't compatible with my old ass phone :/ Serves me right for being one of those freaks who can hold on to a phone for 3 years without breaking it

Getting a new one this weekend solely for Pokemon Go

I'm abroad and don't have mobile data :/ and to make matters worse in the 100 square feet or so I have internet...I can only find zubats and ratatas. Goddammit

I just have to say I'm addicted to this stupid game already. I caught around 30 Pokemon in the first 1-2 hours.

This game is frustrating! My wife is level 4 and has a bunch of Pokemon w CP >125. I'm at 5 and most of mine are <90. She's going to destroy me as soon as she levels

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Everyone is finding starters and stuff and all I'm finding are like Venonats and drowzees. Dafaq

Hoping c/o 2021 can keep this thread alive during the next cycle! I'll start ;) @mauroz

Doctor Dream: Spheal -> Sealeo (II 7/29)

Last edited:
Hoping c/o 2021 can keep this thread alive during the next cycle! I'll start ;) @mauroz

Doctor Dream: Spheal -> Sealeo (II 7/29)

Do it!!! You should start a new thread for it. I suggest not doing the matriculation one because everyone is super busy with med school to think of evolving their pokemon on SDN haha. Best way is to evolve at II, and evolve again once accepted.

Just remembered that I haven't been on here in a while and that I should update my avatar to Espeon (my favorite Eeveelution) now that I've matriculated. Whee!

Interview evolution today... Grovyle.

Just remembered that I haven't been on here in a while and that I should update my avatar to Espeon (my favorite Eeveelution) now that I've matriculated. Whee!

By far the best of the eeveelutions, objectively speaking.

Awk -- looks like I broke rules and joined as a fully evolved ampharos :roflcopter: