Jul 21, 2013
Status
Hey guys,

I had a quick question about school emails. I wanted to email the schools that I am applying to a question about my GPA. I emailed AMCAS the same question and they recommended that I email the schools I an interested in. I was just wondering, is there an email list that includes all of medical schools or would I have to go to each school's individual website, find their email and copy and paste it in the "send to" section. The reason I am wondering is because there are probably at least 50 schools that I want to email and finding all the emails manually would take extremely long.

Jul 14, 2012
Status
Psychology Student
Best way to compile the email addresses would be to use MSAR, they have contact information on there.

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Oh, wow, that's really helpful!

Do you know if the MSAR also states which schools are Canadian Friendly?
It won't say that outright, but the MSAR in the past included demographic data on the school's latest entering class, including how many students are international. I think you would probably be better served getting in touch with schools individually if that's something you want to ask about rather than trying to figure it out with the MSAR.

Oh, wow, that's really helpful!

Do you know if the MSAR also states which schools are Canadian Friendly?
The MSAR does give you an option to filter schools by which ones accept international students (i'm pretty sure you have to buy it to see this information though). Some even make a note if they accept Canadian internationals only. However, it is always a good idea to double check this with individual school websites.

OP
T
Jul 21, 2013
Status
It won't say that outright, but the MSAR in the past included demographic data on the school's latest entering class, including how many students are international. I think you would probably be better served getting in touch with schools individually if that's something you want to ask about rather than trying to figure it out with the MSAR.
The MSAR does give you an option to filter schools by which ones accept international students (i'm pretty sure you have to buy it to see this information though). Some even make a note if they accept Canadian internationals only. However, it is always a good idea to double check this with individual school websites.

Oh, alright, I'll probably try contacting the individual schools as well as purchasing the MSAR. :)

what kind of GPA question is going to require 50 different responses?
I don't know, I emailed AMCAS and they said it would be better to email each school individually..