Medical Schools in Europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LalaDuhh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi There,

I'm going to graduate from my four year undergraduate program with a B.S. in Biochemistry and Psychology. I really want to go to medical school, but know my grades don't hold up to the U.S. standards (GPA 2.95). I'm looking for options in Europe and would really appreciate it if anyone has any input? I'm looking at Poznan University, but so far, that's really all I see. I plan on taking the MCATs in August.

Please please please let me know if you can help!

Members don't see this ad.

Why not look into the Carribean as well? How is your Spanish? If you're particularly good at certain languages, that matters too if you're applying to non-British schools. Regardless, the general consensus is that European medical schools are more competitive than most DO schools in the US and you'll even have better chances to applying to your in-state MD schools as well (if you have that advantage).

Poznan University is no exception despite them accepting low GPA applicants and you need to remember that if you're planning to come back to the US for residency, your state university may be more attractive than most prestigious European schools; a better course of action could also be applying for a one-year graduate program available around the US that have an easier acceptance rate and makes you an even more attractive applicant.

Last edited:
Well most of the Caribbean schools are pretty bad but there are 2-3 good ones that will give you a decent shot at residency in the US like St. George's or Ross provided you put your head down and work+ do as you're told during rotations. However I get turned off by the fact that they are for profit so I didn't apply but if you don't mind these 2 schools are by no means a death sentence.