medical schools out of state acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cantal

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this calls for a whole new post, but anyone know of a website that might list med schools by their out of state acceptance rates/percentages?

I think this is probably the most important factor I'm looking at when deciding where to apply to med school, even outweighing cirriculum, location, and cost. I figure actually _getting in_ is more important right now than me judging if I want to live in St Louis or wherever, and I can always look at things like location and cirriculum if I get multiple acceptances (since then I actually have a choice and can decide which is most cost effective and enjoyable)

-Cantal

Members don't see this ad.

check MSAR.

good luck :)
sunflower79

Originally posted by sunflower79
check MSAR.

good luck :)
sunflower79

My pre-med advisor said trusting the numbers they give in MSAR is not a reasonable way to choose based on school. For example, the Univ of California schools according to the 2000 MSAR have relatively high out of state acceptance rate, but when I showed that to her, she explained that most of those are probably MD/PHD students from out of state, not the program I'm interested in. I'm not totally sure how true this is, but if anyone knows of any more accurate source, please let me know :)

-Cantal