who to reach out to at medical schools to get involved in research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharklog71

Reaction score
would it be better to reach out directly to physicians/profs at medical schools, or the clinical project managers/coordinators for the department in order to try to get involved in clinical research? Is it common for medical schools to take students into their research projects? I'm planning to just email the med school attached to my undergrad, but should I branch out to other schools? Although if anywhere outside, it'd be remote work, and idk how common that is

Members don't see this ad.

If you know Python or R, that would be helpful. This is an area where its hard to find qualified people, and you could offer to do some of the stats/programming in return for being involved in the project. There are lots of datasets which are ripe for post-hoc analyses.

If you know Python or R, that would be helpful. This is an area where its hard to find qualified people, and you could offer to do some of the stats/programming in return for being involved in the project. There are lots of datasets which are ripe for post-hoc analyses.
Agree with this. Most PIs don't know how to code, so they are always looking for people who can take on the technical programming aspects of their work.

Look into biostats, data science, or computer science courses at your school to learn the basics. It will help you a ton down the line if you can learn Python/R/ReactJS/MATLAB

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're looking for summer opportunties, there's a good chance most of those have been filled for some time.