Medical Spanish Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nikki Smith

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a recent undergrad graduate taking a year off, so I decided to make the best use of my time by learning medical spanish. Unfortunately, I cannot decide what class to take. I have a busy schedule so I am looking at online courses. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only ones that I could find are medicalspanish.com and canopy medical spanish courses.

Do medical schools even really care about the certificate from the program?
 
I think it's a state thing, or a national thing, but there are procedures for being a certified translator or proving you're up to whatever standard would mean you would NOT need a medical translator to conduct a visit (even if you're quite good such a certification still matters for malpractice, at my institution unless you had this in place you had to use a hospital translator), that sort of thing I could see a school or hospital caring about but otherwise no

if you're not looking to be qualified in this manner, than I wouldn't worry about it