Medical Specialty Flowchart

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMemoirist

remembering in real time
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen it here.

medicine%20career.gif

I was wondering what everyone thought...

I've been considering Psychiatry for a long time. Does that mean I'm crazy?

Discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen it here.

medicine%20career.gif

I was wondering what everyone thought...

I've been considering Psychiatry for a long time. Does that mean I'm crazy?

Discuss.

I'm curious, what if you go into pediatric surgery? You would be a paradox of mean and nice :laugh:

I haven't seen it before. I feel like the crazy branch should have a branch to delineate EM and NSG. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If its something humorous that you found rather than creating yourself, then its probably already been seen a million times.

This is no exception.

Psychiatrists aren't necessarily crazy, but most of their patients are.

If its something humorous that you found rather than creating yourself, then its probably already been seen a million times.

This is no exception.

Psychiatrists aren't necessarily crazy, but most of their patients are.

Sorry for reposting this then. I've been silently watching this message board for over a year, and I have never seen this before, so I thought I might share it with others who hadn't run across it.

Besides, it gave me an excuse to talk about the myth of the crazy Psychiatrist. I know a couple psychiatrists myself, and of the doctors I know, they would seem the most "crazy." Is it something about working with the mentally ill that rubs off on you? I'd imagine that seeing people with all varieties of severe mental illness would make you feel a bit more secure about your sanity--and thus perhaps promote a certain level of "eccentricity" that other specialties may lack.

Or not. Just an idea.

This kind of explains why Evil Medical School turns out so many surgeons.

THx OP, very funny.

I like how the "non-hardworking" medical students pair with three of the toughest specialties to get...haha

I like how the "non-hardworking" medical students pair with three of the toughest specialties to get...haha

I was thinking the same thing. I guess you have to pay your dues at some point...

Looks like I am going to Emergency medicine!

Looks like I am going to Emergency medicine!
lol... if we're going just by the descriptions on the chart, i'd probably wind up in derm! fat chance of that happening!

I also like how the two subcategories of "nice" are "hates children" or "hates adults"

I also like how the two subcategories of "nice" are "hates children" or "hates adults"

what about nice people that hate children and adults? What do they do? Rads?