Medical Terminology Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Exoticmed

MSU CVM c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm hoping to apply for vet school in September but some vet schools such as Virginia Tech and Tuskegee require a Medical Terminology prerequisite course. Has anyone taken the course for vet school online? If so, where did you take it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I'm hoping to apply for vet school in September but some vet schools such as Virginia Tech and Tuskegee require a Medical Terminology prerequisite course. Has anyone taken the course for vet school online? If so, where did you take it? Thanks!
Hey! I haven’t taken that specific course online (or in person), but I’m currently taking physiology online through UNE and they also offer a medical terminology course. The classes are self paced and you have 16 weeks to complete them. So here’s an option if no one else has any. Just make sure you check with the schools beforehand to make sure they will accept this course :)

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate any help I can get :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out your area community colleges, they might have online classes too, and occasionally are less expensive especially if you're in district
Edit: took microbiology online from my local community college and Michigan State accepted it (only cost $300 too!)

Reactions: 1 user
For Tuskegee you just have to have a one credit medical terminology course and it can be taken online. I took it through a local community college and they said it was fine. I would suggest taking it wherever it is cheaper for you because all the courses pretty much go over the same information.

I am currently taking Medical Terminology for Tuskegee at Johnston Community College online, and it's been a pretty straight forward course. I currently have an "A", and am taking it along with Introduction to Animal Science (OK- State), working full-time and part- time jobs. If that helps LOL!