Medical Tv shows?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rajmith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey I was just wondering If anyone knows any really good tv shows out there that could really enhance your medical knowledge or even teach you a few things?
I'd really appreciate it, ive already herd about house, scrubs, which i all really liked,
not so much in to the Grey's drama anatomy show though!

Members don't see this ad.

hey I was just wondering If anyone knows any really good tv shows out there that could really enhance your medical knowledge or even teach you a few things?
I'd really appreciate it, ive already herd about house, scrubs, which i all really liked,

Ackland ANatomy DVDs are good I heard

Members don't see this ad :)
Boston Med (reality, really well done I thought). 8 full episodes free online.

Boston Med and the other similar documentaries are really great, depending if you're looking for something serious or not.

One I've been watching lately is Strong Medicine - it brings up a lot of class issues and ethical dilemmas and I find it reasonably interesting. It's hard to find since it ended in 2006, but I have all 6 seasons and I really enjoyed it.

If you're interested in a segue into psychotherapy, In Treatment is very good.

Boston Med and the other similar documentaries are really great, depending if you're looking for something serious or not.

One I've been watching lately is Strong Medicine - it brings up a lot of class issues and ethical dilemmas and I find it reasonably interesting. It's hard to find since it ended in 2006, but I have all 6 seasons and I really enjoyed it.

If you're interested in a segue into psychotherapy, In Treatment is very good.

Boston Med (reality, really well done I thought). 8 full episodes free online.

Where? I watched the show when it came out and been wanting to re-watch it

Of course "The Doctors" is the best!

Really enjoyable,helpful & impressive; as well as the wonderful personality of the

hosts!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
But if you have to ask me.... obviously ER is the best

Agreed. I just finished watching re-runs of ER... while it may not be the most realistic, it's far better than Grey's Anatomy or House in terms of realism.

Trauma: life in the ER is good, I thinks its on discovery fit and health

Am i just falling for the troll or is this a serious thread? Maybe ones like boston med will give you insight into the life of health professionals but you don't learn medical knowledge on TV shows. Are you really going to make medical decision based on something you saw on an entertainment show? Sure some of them have a degree of medical accuracy but it is often scarified for plot; watch them for entertainment value (if you watch at all) not to learn.

If you want entertainment with a hint of truth, try ER. I've seen all 15 seasons and it was one incredible ride. Things got kind of sketch from seasons 11 on, but for the most part it was incredible.

Grey's Anatomy just plain sucks and House was good until season 5.

Scrubs will always be my favorite show set in the medical field. 8 seasons (yes, yes I said 8!!!) of pure genius.

But if you want realism try Boston Med, Hopkins, or, my personal favorite, TRAUMA: Life in the ER. Those are all really good documentaries that show what it's really like.

Nip Tuck.

Christian Troy is the single reason I entered Medical School.

The makers of Hopkins and Boston Med are debuting NewYork-Presbyterian on ABC later this year.

I like "Medical Mysteries" on the former Discovery Health, now OWN. They usually drop enough hints that an enlightened MS1 or MS2 could figure it out before they reveal what strange rare disease the person has that you spent a lecture on in biochem.

Another good documentary is "Beautiful Lives" - it's about a children's hospice in Wales and you can find it online easily enough. It's sad, but really interesting.

Don't forget about PBS's 'The Making of a Doctor'. Jay Bonnar MD is such a dreamboat.

there was a show called Hopkins before Boston Med...

The makers of Hopkins and Boston Med are debuting NewYork-Presbyterian on ABC later this year.

<3 cannot wait. I saw the interns primping themselves back when they were filming :D (actually, there was a lot of resistance in the med department to it because many felt like if they were portrayed poorly it could hurt their career).