• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

niko327

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was watching CNN headline news and saw the story about the murder in Kansas, they initially identified the victims as "medical workers". This really pissed me off, so I sent them an email and asking them to change the headline to Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic. UNBELIEVABLY they actually changed their Report as well as the Headline a few hours later. I wonder if it was because of the email, maybe it really does pay to speak out every once in a while.
At any rate, I think it's alot more respectful to say EMT or Paramedic rather than medical worker especially in light of this horrible tragedy.

EMT036

MS-III/AEMT/Rescue Diver
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2004
www.subaquasternalrubs.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just glad they didn't use "ambulance drivers..."

Cool though that they changed it.... especially with the horrid nature of this crime.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.