Medicare Reimbursements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hookaman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There was a thread in another forum that talked about medicare reimbursements, and how they're increasing for E&M, thus helping less procedurally oriented specialties. How will this affect anesthesiology?

Members don't see this ad.

I have no clue about physician Medicare reimbursements & specifically anesthesia.....but....I did read in today's (Aug 8, 2006) newspaper (however much you can believe that source....) that "Medicare reimbursements are set to drop by nearly 5 percent next year..."

Mark McClellan, an administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services said the agency sould soon issue new regulations updating reimbursement rates, but did not provide an exact amount.

For whatever that's worth...........

hookaman said:
There was a thread in another forum that talked about medicare reimbursements, and how they're increasing for E&M, thus helping less procedurally oriented specialties. How will this affect anesthesiology?

Good question.

Take a look at this table (it's a PDF file...look at the very bottom of the document): http://www.hospitalmedicine.org/AM/...mplate=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=10204

The projected impact of the proposed Medicare RVU changes on anesthesiolgy is -7% in 2007, and -10% by 2010.

The projected impact of the proposed Medicare RVU changes on anesthesiolgy is -7% in 2007, and -10% by 2010.

Will give you a 10% rate cut in your malpractice insurance? Will you get to pay 10% less on your taxes by 2010? Are they going to make medical school and college 10% less expensive by 2010? Oh I get it - they are planning on actually deflating the dollar by 10% by 2010. Now it all makes sense.