Medication expiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No that was an example of how your reasoning does not compute. You are saying because i put this is a vial that extends the expiration date out a year that means that the expiration date is longer than what the manufacturer stated. With your reasoning i could go through the pharmacy take all my close dated items and put them in amber vials then i could use them for one more year. In that case why do we do outdates at all we could just keep everything and dispense it whenever and say the date that the computer came up with, which will always be a year out is right.

Members don't see this ad.

sosoo are you a floater or do you have your own store?

Members don't see this ad :)
No that was an example of how your reasoning does not compute. You are saying because i put this is a vial that extends the expiration date out a year that means that the expiration date is longer than what the manufacturer stated.

you're referring to discard after date, not expiration date... you do realize that right? what the customer gets on the label is a discard after date, 1 year from fill date.. whereas the the original bottle expire in 2 months... // this is basically how the software works. look at your label next time..

the "floater" pharmacist. it's important to note that the floater is not responsible. the staff and PIC are definitely responsible.

Wrong - anything you have verified , has your initials on it — you are the responsible pharmacist - doesn’t matter floater/ staff or PIC.

Wrong - anything you have verified , has your initials on it — you are the responsible pharmacist - doesn’t matter floater/ staff or PIC.

when walgreens had a multimillion dollar lawsuit over ranitidine tablet vs capsule, do you think they care about the verifying pharmacist? this case is similar in nature. it's a system issue. not an individual RX issue.

when walgreens had a multimillion dollar lawsuit over ranitidine tablet vs capsule, do you think they care about the verifying pharmacist? this case is similar in nature. it's a system issue. not an individual RX issue.

The fact that this thread has 11 pages over this non issue ... and so many of us trying to explain to you the consequences and ways to cover your tracks- and yet you are stuck where you started off .. it’s time for us to give up.

Go ahead keep practicing pharmacy the way you deem fit.

Last edited: