Medicine LOR for Transitional/Prelim years?

Started by Krafty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Krafty

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's my dilemma

I'm an anesthesia applicant trying for transitional as well as IM prelims. I don't have a medicine LOR. Instead I have 4 anesthesias and 1 surgery. It's getting kind of late in the game and I'm really trying to find out whether a medicine LOR will improve my chances of matching. Thoughts?

Cheers and good luck with matching guys.
 
i'm also applying for anesthesia and prelim med/transitionals. i'm not sure what transitional years require but prelim medicine is supposed to require a letter from the chairman of the dept of medicine at your school, just as if you were applying to categorical medicine. i sent in 2 anesthesia, 1 medicine, and 1 dept of medicine (the same as for my prelims).
 
do i have to remind my LOR wirters every week up until Nov 1? could they make it any harder for me to get a letter from them? could they take any longer? i know the answers to these questions. just wanted to vent.