Medtronic says "Me too" on Painful Diabetic Neuropathy...Opioid Sparing Tech Flourishes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score

"Medtronic estimates that up to 800,000 US patients suffer from moderate to severe DPN symptoms that are not resolved through conventional medical management approaches, like drugs. The company views these patients as potential candidates for SCS, representing an approximate $1.8 billion annual market opportunity. Today, Medtronic estimates that the US market revenue for SCS treatment of chronic pain associated with DPN, sometimes also referred to as Painful Diabetic Neuropathy (PDN), is approximately $70 million, and the company expects market revenue to grow to $300 million by fiscal year 2026."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Their data was technically first...

Members don't see this ad :)
$NVRO is at a 2.5 year low.. around $69 a share at market close.

The real question is what’s their path to viability? Get bought out by another company? Bankruptcy like Nuvectra? Should they take on more debt and by another company and diversify?

Reactions: 1 user
$NVRO is at a 2.5 year low.. around $69 a share at market close.

The real question is what’s their path to viability? Get bought out by another company? Bankruptcy like Nuvectra? Should they take on more debt and by another company and diversify?

If I were Stryker, I'd buy them.

Reactions: 1 users
The end is nigh...

I've noticed the Nevro steak dinners have slowed down the last few months and the reps have stopped wearing designer suits. They're going the way of Nuvectra.

Reactions: 1 users
Nevro KOLs jumping ship and joining other companies - Abbott, PainTeq, Minuteman, etc.

Nevro held no national fellows training lab this year… while every other company did. I think that’s telling.

Reactions: 2 users