General Admissions & OTCAS Meeting LOR Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

caligirl295

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Many programs I have seen typically require 3 LORs, which should be from 1 OT + 2 others or 2 OTs + 1 other depending on the program. One of the programs I am applying to, sort of as a "backup," requires 2 OT LORs + 1 professor/other, but I only plan on getting 1 OT LOR and 2 non-OT LORs.

If I have a strong application otherwise, do you think it is worth applying to this program if I'm not meeting the LOR requirement?
 
@OTsophie No, all of the programs are in the southeastern US (contrary to my username 😉). I decided I'd just ask one of the OTs I shadowed with who I didn't feel knew me super well so that I was able to meet the requirement for each of the programs. It might be worth it to see if you're able do the same! Hoping for the best.