Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Danggg I’m sorry y’all. :( Has anyone that had an interview heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
are they still interviewing? I haven’t heard anything back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invite (03/10). Does anyone who interviewed have any tips? Like how was the format?

Members don't see this ad :)
Application is complete as per AADSAS, yet still no interview. I’m anticipating a rejection email soon. Congratulations to all that were accepted!

Got an interview invite this morning at 11:30est, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Invited for interview as per AADSAS as well.

Meharry was unprofessional this whole application cycle smh

Reactions: 1 users
Meharry was unprofessional this whole application cycle smh
Seriously, I feel like I have wasted my money applying to MMC. I literally completed my app back in August and they are now inviting me to an interview, which I will definitely decline btw 😒

Maybe my expectations of this school were too high when I applied. This school has shown so many red flags, it’s sad. And no, I’m not going to buy the pandemic as an excuse. There still has to be some level of respect. Interviewing in April is not a crazy concept actually, as some other schools are still holding some interviews, but look no further than this entire cycle’s thread for acts of unprofessionalism. From the leaking of confidential information, to complete lack of communication, to scheduling an interview just for them to actually change your interview date, to interviewers not showing up to your interview, forcing you to reschedule, this has come off like a complete joke. My AADSAS status since the beginning of March was sitting at “application denied”, then out of nowhere, 2 days ago I got an interview invite. Really? What is that about? You need to feel comfortable with who you choose to go into all this debt for, and they have completely turned me off. If you are having all of these issues just in the application process, what is going to happen when you’re actually enrolled? They’d have to offer me a full ride scholarship just for me to take off work for this interview, which as shown in here, will likely get rescheduled, as many other applicants.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my supplemental in October. Sent them my updated DAT scores in February they finally emailed in March after I had emailed the Director of Admissions regarding my application. As for now my application is still under review. Staying optimistic for an interview.

Does anyone have any advice for the interview?

Just be yourself. Both of my interviews was very laid back they just wanted to know that I valued the school and wanted to go there!

Last contact I had (about 3 weeks ago) I was informed they still had plenty of spots to fill, not sure how active they've been. Blessings to you all!
Would you mind if I PM’d you?

Has any of the committee members reached out to schedule the zoom interviews? I requested this week and still haven’t heard from them

Has any of the committee members reached out to schedule the zoom interviews? I requested this week and still haven’t heard from them
You’ll prob hear something next week. This happened all last fall

Accepted! See you all in June!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi, does anybody got accepted would like to share housing?

They sent out interview invites at the beginning of the month, which allowed you to schedule for every Monday of April, up until yesterday. I could be wrong, but I'd be stunned if they were still conducting interviews, seeing that they just recently sent out a batch of acceptances. In fact, I just checked the interview portal, and it shows that there are no available dates to schedule for.
Do you have any idea when people with April interviews will hear back?

I applied in October and still have not heard anything. I did get accepted somewhere else I was just waiting for Meharry to see if they were going to offer me an interview..

They sent out interview invites at the beginning of the month, which allowed you to schedule for every Monday of April, up until yesterday. I could be wrong, but I'd be stunned if they were still conducting interviews, seeing that they just recently sent out a batch of acceptances. In fact, I just checked the interview portal, and it shows that there are no available dates to schedule for.
Is there an interview scheduling thing on Meharry's website? All the other schools have emailed me back but I haven't heard anything from Meharry so I was wondering if I had to register directly on their website for notifications. It says "Received/Application Complete" under Decision Status on AADSAS.

When invited for interview, they will email you a link with available dates to schedule. There is currently only 1 date available to schedule an interview on the link (May 10th). Once invited, your status will change to “Invited For Interview”.
Thank you for the info. I really don't know what is going on with Meharry and my advisor at my college told me not to email them to ask about my application status because that might annoy them.

Yeah some schools don't like being emailed. If you email them and they feel you're rushing the process, they'll just do a quick review of your application and instantly reject you. I personally declined the Meharry interview by not picking a date, that is why I'm still able to see what's available. It shows that you can select May 10th, and they have up to 5 days from that date to set up/conduct the interview. It appears they are struggling to fill the class, thus why they are conducting interviews in May unlike any other school as the application for next year's cycle is basically open already. Meharry is very behind schedule, and it's quite telling. Good luck!
Lol I know I am not getting into the dental school this late in the cycle but I am just looking for closure so that I can move on.

With all due respect I choose to differ, there is nothing wrong with emailing or calling to know your application status after an interview. The new cycle starts on the 11th. It actually shows you care. What matters is your use of language. No one gets rejected for asking right, people get denied for otherwise.

Reactions: 1 users