Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I got accepted too! I was notified on the portal. I didn't receive an email.
Same! I actually forgot there was even a portal. I just looked at it 5 minutes ago. I thought I was rejected since I did not receive an email. But I got accepted through the portal.

Reactions: 1 user
Same! I actually forgot there was even a portal. I just looked at it 5 minutes ago. I thought I was rejected since I did not receive an email. But I got accepted through the portal.
Congrats! Are you talking about the adea aadsas portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
No that would be stupid of me if I forget that portal haha. I am talking about the portal you used to send your supplemental application.Im

No that would be stupid of me if I forget that portal haha. I am talking about the portal you used to send your supplemental application.
Ahh I figured. I'm checking the portal now. Where did you click to see your decision?

Where exactly is the decision letter on the portal? I don’t see it

Lol me too!

How do I even access Meharrys portal?! Lmao I can’t find it!
It’s on applyweb. Once you log in, it should show you where you submitted your supplemental application. Then, there’s a link that says “View your decision letter”.

Congrats to everyone that’s been accepted thus far, and for those still waiting keep the faith and always believe; your time is coming.

Be patient with this process and Meharry.

I’m a current D1 and I have classmates that didn’t get accepted until April/May so hang tight and stay encouraged.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve gone ahead and created a GroupMe for those of us accepted.

You're invited to my new group 'Meharry Class of 2025' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

If you haven't heard from Meharry yet or haven't interviewed yet do not panic! I'm a current D1 and I remember how stressful this process was. I only had one interview with my state school before December and was devastated when I did not get accepted. But I interviewed at Meharry in January and another school in February and was waitlisted by both until I got accepted by both in May and June. Meharry conducts a lot of interviews throughout the spring so there is still time. I know the waiting game sucks but just try to relax and enjoy the ride :)

Reactions: 3 users
Guys,
Don't waste your time/money in applying to this school unless you are an African American. Don't get fooled by low DAT scores of entering class. For example: for the class entering 2019, 575 Asian students applied, ZERO got admitted; 222 Hispanic/Latino students applied, Only 1 got admitted; 802 White students applied, ZERO got admitted. I have nothing against the school, only admitting African American students, I even understand being HSBU only admitting African American students but please put up these stats on the website so that students know what their chances are.

Think about the time you spend writing essays in Supplementary application & the money we spend to applying to these schools. I wish, they post this stats on the school website so that we don't waste our time and hard earned money, when we know we are not going to be admitted.
Meharry is an HBCU and part of their mission is to increase the number of black physicians and dentists so of course there will be more AA students accepted. But you see the need for it when you interview at other schools. When I interviewed at my state school I saw ZERO black men as applicants interviewing. I'm a student at the Meharry School of Dentistry and most of my classmates are AA, but there are other races in our class and I am biracial but can be seen as "white passing". I have seen several white and Asian students in the Meharry School of Medicine. If you have something to offer to Meharry's mission of service there is always a chance that they will accept you. I'm so happy that I did not count myself out because I am sometimes not seen as AA because of my light skin.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone that’s been accepted thus far, and for those still waiting keep the faith and always believe; your time is coming.

Be patient with this process and Meharry.

I’m a current D1 and I have classmates that didn’t get accepted until April/May so hang tight and stay encouraged.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
It has been a bit frustrating, I've been left waiting by the same interviewer twice (already interviewed with someone) but I will be patient and wait for their response and reschedule again. Persistence pays off, right?

It has been a bit frustrating, I've been left waiting by the same interviewer twice (already interviewed with someone) but I will be patient and wait for their response and reschedule again. Persistence pays off, right?
I’m sorry that’s happened to you. Unfortunately Meharry staff has a lot going on with COVID and all of their Covid testing they are providing. They are doing so much work right now it’s insane. Just give them a little reminder and reschedule 😊

Reactions: 1 users
Try emailing Mr. John Thomas at [email protected]. He probably can help you out!

That is frustrating, but like my classmate mentioned between COVID testing and end of semester duties our faculty has been committed to helping the community during this pandemic. All while trying to maintain their health and safety as well as ours. One of the most amazing things about Meharry is the willingness to serve.

Be patient but NOT passive. Send gentle reminders every so often to refresh your interviewers agenda. If you don’t get a timely response; try emailing Mr. Thomas like another user suggested.

Some dental schools are even closed until Jan 4th. So I think everything will be ready to flow again then in the new year..

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else not hear anything from Meharry but got a gift from them in the Mail? I’m confused not sure if I was accepted and I’m not seeing it online

Did anyone else not hear anything from Meharry but got a gift from them in the Mail? I’m confused not sure if I was accepted and I’m not seeing it online

I think they sent everyone who interviewed that but I could be mistaken

Is anybody who applied in July waiting to hear something?
Yeah! I've heard back from (and gotten into!!) so many other schools already but radio silence from Meharry :/ They are my first choice because I already live here and my partner goes to school here so I'm kinda freaking out.

Yeah! I've heard back from (and gotten into!!) so many other schools already but radio silence from Meharry :/ They are my first choice because I already live here and my partner goes to school here so I'm kinda freaking out.

I hope you guys hear from them this month because this makes the whole process harder when you have to wait. The crazy part is a lot of schools wait until after decision day to even start extending more offers and stuff like what if you already committed to a school, or don’t even have the money for multiple deposits

I hope you guys hear from them this month because this makes the whole process harder when you have to wait. The crazy part is a lot of schools wait until after decision day to even start extending more offers and stuff like what if you already committed to a school, or don’t even have the money for multiple deposits
Yeah I’ve tried reaching out to the school via various different emails and phone numbers and have yet to get a hold of them

Yeah I’ve tried reaching out to the school via various different emails and phone numbers and have yet to get a hold of them
So refreshing to hear others are having the same issue with Meharry. I've literally called everyday before and after the break, sent various emails to different faculty and yet no answers, its frustrating but let's pray for the best and remain hopeful. I had to accept an offer and paid the deposit to another school...but still hoping to hear from Meharry!

My status changed from "Received/Under Review" (yesterday) to "Received/Application Complete" (today). I don't know if this means anything, but I haven't heard from them since submitting the supplemental application on 9/21.
Hopefully it changes soon to "Invited for Interview" and you get an email.

Did you guys check your portal? I saw someone post their acceptance today and also got new requests for the Facebook group.

It's really frustrating but let's keep praying for them and hoping for the best...

Reactions: 5 users
Apparently they have so many more interviews to do ... my source was a recently accepted student who asked during her interview

Admissions emailed me stating they will be resuming interviews next week. To be in the look-out. Good luck everyone!

can someone type out where were supposed to see a decision if we got one? I dont see anywhere on the portal that say "view decision letter" and ive checked multiple times
You can only see it if you are accepted.

can someone type out where were supposed to see a decision if we got one? I dont see anywhere on the portal that say "view decision letter" and ive checked multiple times
Just to make sure, you're looking at the ApplyWeb portal and not the ADEA AADSAS portal, right?