Memphis mafia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buy spinners?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • No.

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

tennesseejed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I go to med school in Memphis should I buy some spinners for my pickup truck?

Members don't see this ad.

you're gonna be a med student, not a drug dealer. act like it. seriously, you go do a housecall (some programs have stuff like that) and you're gonna look unprofessional with a ghetto-ized vehicle.

Originally posted by mlw03
you're gonna be a med student, not a drug dealer. act like it. seriously, you go do a housecall (some programs have stuff like that) and you're gonna look unprofessional with a ghetto-ized vehicle.

don't be a prentious prick. My guess is that the OP is joking since Memphis can accurately be described as Tennessee's ghetto but if he isnt, I seriously doubt the appearance of his vehicle (even if it does have those stupid spinning things) is going to hamper is doctoring skillz.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I go to med school in Memphis should I buy some spinners for my pickup truck?

Absolutly not.....itwill cause you to be late for class..... you will walk outside the morning after and your truck will be on blocks and your spinners stolen......

i'm not being pretentious, nor a prick. i'm being realistic. appearances matter, whether we like it or not. how many med school interviews did you go to in jeans and a t-shirt? or unshaven (legs or face)?

how about this scenario - you take your mother to the ER and the resident has tatoos all over his/her arms, and lots of facial piercings. you gonna be ok with your mother seeing that doctor? if you say yes, you're full of ****. however, your answer is irrelevant because no way such a physician would ever be allowed to see patients looking like that.

part of being a doctor is projecting a professional image. we know that going into our interviews. it'd be nice if we could all "express ourselves" however we wanted, but we live in the real world, not fantasyland. my reply is in line with projecting a professional image.

Originally posted by Cerberus
don't be a prentious prick. My guess is that the OP is joking since Memphis can accurately be described as Tennessee's ghetto but if he isnt, I seriously doubt the appearance of his vehicle (even if it does have those stupid spinning things) is going to hamper is doctoring skillz.

Originally posted by mlw03

mlw03, you're an idiot if you think he is serious...

Even if he is serious so what. If he drives a ride on spinners thats his business. Patients should not care if their doctor is rolling on dubs or 14's. Who said a doctor should only roll in a benz, a beamer or a lexus. Go for the spinners but keep in mind that there are people out there looking to snatch them from you.

Of course patients SHOULDN'T care about their physician's appearance. they should care about the competance and the way the physician treats them. by patients do care... perhaps it's not fair, but if you're not ok with that, then feel free to not become a doctor - there's plenty of people will to take your spot if you're not willing to look professional.

walk through any physicians' office. how many doctors do you see with facial piercings and tatoos all over their exposed skin? not too many i'm sure.

i don't know if the original post was serious about spinners, but if we're talking about an overall professional appearance, then i stand by my response.

Originally posted by verbalassasin
Patients should not care if their doctor is rolling on dubs or 14's. Who said a doctor should only roll in a benz, a beamer or a lexus.

Mafia? last time i checked into organized crime, at least in the North End of Boston (italian's), they don't buy dubs on their rides. They ride around in large luxury vehicles like Lincoln town cars. Spinners would be referred to as on drug dealers/gang members cars. There is a big difference between the two types of people.

Rick James, bitch....

This thread will mutate via Loungeosian Translocation.

Originally posted by Cerberus
since Memphis can accurately be described as Tennessee's ghetto

cause k-town is so purty and clean. :rolleyes: I'd rather live in Memphis any day.

I think the spinners would be fly. I'm still crossing my fingers that I get in to Memphis, and if I do, I will probably buy some cool-a** window tint or get some hydraulics on my Saturn.

For such a group of talented group of intellects, there are some of he dumbest I have ever seen. How in the world do you say because a person has spinners, dubs, or 14's on his rig that he is a gangsta. How many of you know what your doctor drives? how many of you know what your doctor does on his free time? Don't give me no B.S. about profesionalism because what you drive has nothing to do with how you look. If a doctor had cornrolls would you think he is a gangsta? If so you are a prejudice prick who needs to cultivate your self.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by tennesseejed

What are spinners?

Originally posted by gschl1234
What are spinners?

"car stopped....rims still spinnin'"

There I've said it. Spinners just look neat and the main reason for getting them would be to look ridiculous. I have a two-wheel drive nissan pickup. It would basically be a fun thing to do to my car. Or maybe I should sell my truck and get a '78 cut supreme.

Of course I am kidding about all this. I just think the current spinner fad is funny. Plus they do actually look pretty cool. Secondly, I don't have tattoos or piercings as some people keep asserting. I am just an outdoorsy person who likes to hike and kayak.

By the way Einstein was an extremely sloppy person and nobody judged him by his appearance. I mean has crazy hair and messy clothes...so maybe he is no good at physics. Please, appearances are deceiving.

What do the five fingers say to the face.... smack.

I'm rick james b!tch.

Originally posted by verbalassasin
For such a group of talented group of intellects, there are some of he dumbest I have ever seen. How in the world do you say because a person has spinners, dubs, or 14's on his rig that he is a gangsta. How many of you know what your doctor drives? how many of you know what your doctor does on his free time? Don't give me no B.S. about profesionalism because what you drive has nothing to do with how you look. If a doctor had cornrolls would you think he is a gangsta? If so you are a prejudice prick who needs to cultivate your self.

This is true. Here in portland, 90% of the cars with 20" or bigger rims are driven by soccer moms. There is one guy I know who has the 24" spinners and you might think he's a drug dealer at first glance. Actually he owns a chain of drive through espresso carts.

edit: this is the same group of intellectuals that were debating the meaning of Kelis' "Milkshake" in the lounge.

Originally posted by dtreese
cause k-town is so purty and clean. :rolleyes: I'd rather live in Memphis any day.

Knoxvegas is gods gift to the otherwise miserable south (excluding Ashville, i love you ashville).

Originally posted by h2cooper
I think the spinners would be fly. I'm still crossing my fingers that I get in to Memphis, and if I do, I will probably buy some cool-a** window tint or get some hydraulics on my Saturn.

I would recomment hangin out in Bartlett then. Or Tunica, wit da rest of da pimpz.

Originally posted by dtreese
I would recomment hangin out in Bartlett then. Or Tunica, wit da rest of da pimpz.

dont come here speaking that nonsense! We are respectable, god fearin knoxvillans!

Originally posted by fullefect1
Mafia? last time i checked into organized crime, at least in the North End of Boston (italian's), they don't buy dubs on their rides. They ride around in large luxury vehicles like Lincoln town cars. Spinners would be referred to as on drug dealers/gang members cars. There is a big difference between the two types of people.

You don't know the Memphis Mafia man...it's the triple-six mafia! It's all gangs here man...

triple-six mafia. their new song "I'm ridin' spinners" is awesome.

I was reading Newsweek when I saw a basketball player's shoes that had "spinners" on the side. The player's name was Latrell Sprewell. :)

its "three six mafia"

Originally posted by irie
its "three six mafia"

And you posted that on 3-06...coincidence? I don't think so...

It was triple six back in the day...I'm behind the times. I know the guy that dances in one of the videos, which I have never seen; he spins a bicycle wheel on his head, etc.