mentally or physically tired?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice from people who went through the hard-study time is appreciated. I started my dedicated study period this Monday and had significant decline today on both the quantity and quality of reviewing things. I'm not sure if it's due to mental or physical tiredness or both. I really need advice on how to adjust myself to an optimal condition. For example, when I can't focus on reading or doing questions, should I just go for a nap or go to the gym or drink another cup of coffee?

Members don't see this ad.

Meditation is a legit way to help you concentrate. I did it frequently during my dedicated period. And it's not supposed to be meditation like a Buddhist monk does high up in the mountains of Tibet--really just giving your mind some rest. Google about ways to meditate and see what you can find.

Otherwise, exercise is the next best thing

Reactions: 1 users
Meditation is a legit way to help you concentrate. I did it frequently during my dedicated period. And it's not supposed to be meditation like a Buddhist monk does high up in the mountains of Tibet--really just giving your mind some rest. Google about ways to meditate and see what you can find.

Otherwise, exercise is the next best thing
Thanks for the advice. I usually do meditation once per day around noon. Will try add more during my dedicated study period. My energy level is about average. I understand many people get burnt out after one or two months, but less than one week should not be the case.

Take breaks during studying. But don't check Facebook or go on youtube, instead move away from your desk, do some jumping jacks or some push ups, you know anything to get your blood flowing (not too crazy though haha). Always sleep 7-8 hours and set a routine for yourself. Personally, I stuck 2 papers on the wall in front of me desk; on one I wrote a motivational quote, and on the other I have the score that I want to get, that way whenever I think "I'm too tired for this" I just look up and I see the score I want staring back at me and BAM! I'm back studying!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Take breaks during studying. But don't check Facebook or go on youtube, instead move away from your desk, do some jumping jacks or some push ups, you know anything to get your blood flowing (not too crazy though haha). Always sleep 7-8 hours and set a routine for yourself. Personally, I stuck 2 papers on the wall in front of me desk; on one I wrote a motivational quote, and on the other I have the score that I want to get, that way whenever I think "I'm too tired for this" I just look up and I see the score I want staring staring back at me and BAM! I'm back studying!

Thank you bro. Like your quote from Brain Tracy!

Go for more walks, exercise more, eat healthy. Take breaks. Keep coffee earlier in the day so you can sleep well at night.

Reactions: 1 user
If your working in a library, grab a random non medicine related book from the shelf and read a couple pages during a 10 minute break. Keep doing it during your breaks, you will be surprised how much it clears your mind and as a bonus you will finish a novel over a couple months time.