mentioning doctors w/o borders in PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

IdoDrugs

if it is something you want to do....is it "cheesy" to mention?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. But, given the fact that so is your screen name, I don't think you should let that stop you. :thumbup: In fact, I recommend mentioning both your SDN screen name and your faux MSF aspirations.

I actually mentioned doctors without borders in my PS and it is because i truly respect them and want to work for them once I become a doctor. If you are sincere about whatever you say about them, and can explain it in an interview ( which I have had to do) then you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually mentioned doctors without borders in my PS and it is because i truly respect them and want to work for them once I become a doctor. If you are sincere about whatever you say about them, and can explain it in an interview ( which I have had to do) then you should be fine.

as long as you have something to distinguish yourself from the other 7,000applicants who are going to mention MSF and/or Paul Farmer & Mountains Beyond Mountains.

I wouldn't do it. MSF* is a very cool organization but it is a) very political and b) more demanding of physician time than most.

Most MDs who say they'd "like" to work for MSF never will come close, they need 6 month time commitments.

I think it's awesome if you are interested in working overseas, but you might just talk about that generically. Saying you "plan to work for MSF" would seem to me to be a hard call for a pre-med to make.

* Medicines sans frontiers aka DWB