-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mercer COP C/O 2018 (Fall 2014 Matriculation)
Started by bc02684
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got accepted as well, I got a call around 5:52 pm! Very excited!🙂
I got an invite for an interview this Friday, Oct. 4. Who else will be there?
Also for those who got accepted, do you have any tips for us? How was the group interview? I am a little nervous about what to expect for that.
Thanks for any advice!
Also for those who got accepted, do you have any tips for us? How was the group interview? I am a little nervous about what to expect for that.
Thanks for any advice!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invite for an interview this Friday, Oct. 4. Who else will be there?
Also for those who got accepted, do you have any tips for us? How was the group interview? I am a little nervous about what to expect for that.
Thanks for any advice!
Really laid back interview! Everyone is super friendly. Just be familiar with what's going on in pharmacy, why you want to become a pharmacist, and why Mercer! Just be yourself! Good luck!
I got an invite for an interview this Friday, Oct. 4. Who else will be there?
Also for those who got accepted, do you have any tips for us? How was the group interview? I am a little nervous about what to expect for that.
Thanks for any advice!
I got my acceptance call today around 6. I'm excited! Ahh!
The interview is very laid back, they just want to see who you are.. So just come in and be professional and be yourself. The group interview is the most intense in the whole interview process, but even that is not that bad. Getting an early interview means you'll have a better chance of getting in. So good luck! 🙂
congratulations to those who were accepted!!
Congrats!
Thanks for the advice! =)
Got an interview invite this morning!! whoo
I got an invitation for interview on Oct 4th. How was the interview and what was the process like for those who have interviewed?
Mercer was my first interview and I really liked it there. Of course I was nervous as ever but everyone there was comforting (? Not sure if that's the correct word to use lol). It wasn't intimidating or felt like I was being interrogated which was what I had imagined before I went in lol
Question to all the people that got accepted already: Were all you guys early admissions?
No. I think there was only one person in my interview group who was early decision!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question to all the people that got accepted already: Were all you guys early admissions?
No--I'm not sure if anyone in my group was. I got my application in really early though.
2-3 days after they emailed me that my application was received, they scheduled me for sept 27th interview, and a week later I got a call that I was admitted
2-3 days after they emailed me that my application was received, they scheduled me for sept 27th interview, and a week later I got a call that I was admitted
Ok cool thanks
I just got my acceptance call at 4:21!!! Best of luck to everyone else that is interviewing this Friday! 🙂
Last edited:
anyone know the interviewing cycles, if there are any?
It's rolling admissions for mercer so they're always having interviews I'm assuming
Just got an email that my application was denied :-(
That's only school you have applied to?Just got an email that my application was denied :-(
No I applied to like 7 others!That's only school you have applied to?
Did you get an interview or was it just through your application? And best or luck to the other schools!!!No I applied to like 7 others!
So you should be fine then.No I applied to like 7 others!
I didn't get an interview just submitted my application last monthDid you get an interview or was it just through your application? And best or luck to the other schools!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email that my application was denied :-(
Hey, do you mind me asking what are your STATS like?
Has anyone from the Oct 28th interview hear anything yet??
I just received my interview invitation 9am today. The interview date is November 15th. I did not know they would give such short notice. Now that I don't know that I can make it to the interview. Does anybody know whether it's ok to reschedule it? Also, for those already got their interview, have you heard anything from the school? and do you know how long it takes for them to make decision? I have tons of questions right now.
For those who are waiting for interview invitation, I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and got my interview invitation today.
For those who are waiting for interview invitation, I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and got my interview invitation today.
I'm searching for hotel right now as well and Mercer has Hilton hotel on campus but it is a bit pricey. Best Western hotel is 2.7 miles away has pretty good price.What is the closest hotel to the school?? For those who already went
I'm searching for hotel right now as well and Mercer has Hilton hotel on campus but it is a bit pricey. Best Western hotel is 2.7 miles away has pretty good price.
Ok great ill check that thanks.
I just received my interview invitation 9am today. The interview date is November 15th. I did not know they would give such short notice. Now that I don't know that I can make it to the interview. Does anybody know whether it's ok to reschedule it? Also, for those already got their interview, have you heard anything from the school? and do you know how long it takes for them to make decision? I have tons of questions right now.
For those who are waiting for interview invitation, I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and got my interview invitation today.
I feel you pain. They scheduled me for november 22 which is too early for me i called and emaile Faye(the director of admissions) and asked for december 9. So call in the morning to reschedule and you will be good
Hey, I already went though this whole process in september, and it is all done fairly quick. They interview you on Fridays for four hours straight, with three sub sessions, and the following tuesday you get the call at around 4-6 pm. Groups are around 16 people (well mine was in September) If you get in you get a call and she will send acceptance email after the call, if the answer is anything besides an acceptance, you get an email - but I am not sure when. Best of luck!I just received my interview invitation 9am today. The interview date is November 15th. I did not know they would give such short notice. Now that I don't know that I can make it to the interview. Does anybody know whether it's ok to reschedule it? Also, for those already got their interview, have you heard anything from the school? and do you know how long it takes for them to make decision? I have tons of questions right now.
For those who are waiting for interview invitation, I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and got my interview invitation today.
Thanks for the information 🙂 I feel better after reading your post. so I decide to attend the interview on Nov. 15th instead of rescheduling the interview date as I planned to do before. I don't want to give up on any chances that come to me. Since it is rolling admission, the earlier the interview date is the better chance to get accepted.Hey, I already went though this whole process in september, and it is all done fairly quick. They interview you on Fridays for four hours straight, with three sub sessions, and the following tuesday you get the call at around 4-6 pm. Groups are around 16 people (well mine was in September) If you get in you get a call and she will send acceptance email after the call, if the answer is anything besides an acceptance, you get an email - but I am not sure when. Best of luck!
Also, from your post, it seems that you got accepted 😉🙂 Congratz!!! Hope I can be your classmate next Fall.
Thanks for the information 🙂 I feel better after reading your post. so I decide to attend the interview on Nov. 15th instead of rescheduling the interview date as I planned to do before. I don't want to give up on any chances that come to me. Since it is rolling admission, the earlier the interview date is the better chance to get accepted.
Also, from your post, it seems that you got accepted 😉🙂 Congratz!!! Hope I can be your classmate next Fall.
Thanks, Good Luck.😉
I have a word of advise for people who are going into the interview. Be ready for scenario questions during faculty interview,and don't be scared that you answered too short. She gave me two scenarios and i answered all her questions in less than 15 minutes. I didn't beat around the bush. I was the first one in the lobby and I felt like wow, maybe I didn't say enough, but that is not the case. A correct answer is straight to the point if you know it, don't circle around it and create BS that doesn't answer the question. Student interview is laid back, just be happy and excited talk about extracurricular activities, and what kind of person you are and share experiences from your daily life. In group interview I just have one word of advise, Do not stand out in negative ways, like talking TOO much ...and talking BS...aka repeating the same idea 10 times but in different words, bring in something unique to the discussion - you don't want to repeat the same opinion the person before you said. Hope that helps.
Fly out to Atlanta tomorrow morning. Looking forward to see you guys on Friday 11/15 @ 9:00 am . So Excited 🙂
I had my interview 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. No emails, calls, slow mail. Anything. I've tried calling but I always have to leave a message or " they're still deciding." Is this normal?
It was nerve wrecking for me today. I have been waiting for the call all day today but then found out that they will have the committee meeting tomorrow. Cross my fingers and hope for the best. Waiting is killing me!!!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fingers crossed indeed! Let's hope we all get a call soon!
Still no call tonight…. REALLY FREAKING OUT! haha 🙂
Was you in the Nov 15th interview?? what time did they call you?? btw, congrats!!!Got an acceptance call this evening! Yay!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K