Mercer COP C/O 2018 (Fall 2014 Matriculation)

Started by bc02684
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sorry to hear that! Idk if they call everyone that gets accepted though. Good luck to you with other schools you've applied to!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who has already gotten in! I was just wondering, what is your GPA and how'd you do on the PCAT? Also, how many extracurricular activities do you guys have? I have a 3.2-3.3 GPA and I made a 50 on the PCAT the first time I took it. I'm taking it again tomorrow and plan on doing a lot better since I didn't know what to expect the first time and I'm a lot more prepared. Any information regarding anything is helpful! 🙂
 
Biochemistry major with 3.5gpa, 91Pcat, not heavy on extracurricular I kind of just joined clubs but didnt really do anything for them, just as a member, couple of shadowing, and LOTS of work experience, was a certified pharm tech while in undergrad for a couple of years - so thats what I had to work with
 
Congrats to everyone who has already gotten in! I was just wondering, what is your GPA and how'd you do on the PCAT? Also, how many extracurricular activities do you guys have? I have a 3.2-3.3 GPA and I made a 50 on the PCAT the first time I took it. I'm taking it again tomorrow and plan on doing a lot better since I didn't know what to expect the first time and I'm a lot more prepared. Any information regarding anything is helpful! 🙂

I only took the pcat once and made a 70, and i had a 3.3 gpa. The only pharmacy experience i had was volunteering at a pharmacy for about 6 months. I didn't participate in any extracurricular activities in undergrad. The only other thing i had outside of school was a job completely unrelated to pharmacy and healthcare in general. I think it is definitely important to have some experience in pharmacy, but you don't necessarily need to become a pharm tech. I think what helped me was being able to state skills and traits i developed in my job and explain how those in turn would help me become a good pharmacist.
 
Hey guys,

I just got invited for an interview on march 21st. I'm out of state student, I want to ask if anyone have any advice for airport (flight) and hotel near the school? any tips for interviews are welcome too. Thx
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an interview invitation yesterday!! 😀 Does anyone know what to expect? All I know if I have to be there at 9 and it's a three hour long interview. Or that's what the email said at least. Will they take you around the campus and meet with students? Congrats again to everyone who got in or an interview! I forgot to mention that my interview is on February 28th! So close, I'm freaking out!
 
Last edited:
I got interview invited, for march 24. I have question about requisite that I will not have bio 2 lab by summer because my school and location community colleges don't offer it during summer. However, I have everything else, and also have bio 2 and 3 (lecture only). I also have other upper biochem lab and ton of upper division chemistry lab at my university. Do you think they will waived or should I just decline the interview's invitation. Mercer is one of my top picks, and I really want to go there 🙁
 
everyone must have all the pre-requisite requirements that are listed on their website. I doubt they will waive anything because that is rather unfair toward other students, and those pre-req courses are meant to prepare you for P1. I was missing one class so before applying, I made sure I signed up to fill those missing classes so I can take them on time. I suggest you give them a call and discuss your situation, maybe you can relocate to ATL for the summer and take the classes you are missing at a community college
 
I got the call that I was accepted this past Wednesday. How long did it take for you all to receive your acceptance package?
 
I had my interview on the 28th and they said they were meeting on Tuesday, so today. I hope I get the call/email that I got accepted! 😕 Also, for anyone that gets an interview, if your faculty/staff member is Dr. Grimsley, be prepared to answer personal questions. At least, that's what I was asked and it threw me off guard a little. I think it's just because she is new and she was trying to make me feel more relaxed. Just received my acceptance call! 😀
 
Last edited:
Is there anyone else on the waitlist that has heard anything back recently? or knows approximately when we will?
 
I got an interview invite for March 24! 🙂🙂🙂 Excited but nervous! Anyone mind offering some tips on the interview? Thanks in advance! 😍
 
I submitted my materials at the same exact time! I'm just waiting on an interview invite!!! :xf::xf::xf:Good luck on your interview!!!

Thanks & Good luck to you too-hope you hear something soon! If not by the end of week, try calling admissions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Mercer notify you if you're not getting an interview?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. You could maybe call admissions to ask-you never know; my last name starts with a C - maybe they're going in alphabetical order? Hope you hear something soon.
 
Hi all, I submitted my app on Feb 28th and got a interview invitation on Mar 13. Hope everything will be ok. I'll let you all know after that.
 
Hi all, I just got back from the interview. I'd say I did pretty well. The faculty and student were very nice. The interview included an introduction about Mercer and the program. And then a campus tour for 30 mins with a group of 3 or 4. Then one interview with a faculty, one with a P3 or P4 student, and last is a group discussion of 5 students with 2 faculty and 4 P1 students. They just asked general questions and want to know more about your personality. That's all. Relax and be yourself.
Good luck to all of you who has interview coming.
 
Supplemental was submitted on Feb. 28 and PharmCAS was received on Mar. 3. I got an email stating that my application was complete and under review from admissions on Mar. 11. What about you???
Same. Application received March 3rd. Keeping my fingers crossed now.
 
Got an interview invite yesterday for April 14th at 1 pm!!!! Excited and nervous at the same time! Anybody else in the same boat??? Or have any additional advice???
 
Got an interview invite yesterday for April 14th at 1 pm!!!! Excited and nervous at the same time! Anybody else in the same boat??? Or have any additional advice???

Congrats and good luck! Just relax, be professional but friendly, and speak up during the group discussion. 😉 The staff and students seem to be really nice. 🙂
 
I've been wait-listed....🙁. So upsetting! I thought my interviews went really well...good luck to everyone else!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Contact me if anyone is looking for a room mate for Park Pointe North or Regency Square (2bdrooms/2baths)
 
Last edited:
Got an interview invite yesterday for April 14th at 1 pm!!!! Excited and nervous at the same time! Anybody else in the same boat??? Or have any additional advice???

Just got my invite a couple of days ago for the April 14th 1pm interview as well! I'll be there, hopefully not to nervous for these interviews!
 
I thought I had been passed over. Got an interview invite for early may. Im out of state and it would be a long trip. Should I take this interview offer seriously and spend a thousand+ dollars on travel? Im sitting on an acceptance at hawaii but id prefer mercer. 2.9 gpa but 4 years pharmacy experience and an 82nd percentile pcat. Opinions?
 
I thought I had been passed over. Got an interview invite for early may. Im out of state and it would be a long trip. Should I take this interview offer seriously and spend a thousand+ dollars on travel? Im sitting on an acceptance at hawaii but id prefer mercer. 2.9 gpa but 4 years pharmacy experience and an 82nd percentile pcat. Opinions?


This late in the game, if you are not 100% committed to it, i wouldnt suggest it. In May, the top of the crop has already been chosen and they just getting potential people off the wait list. PCat and experience are wonderful, gpa is suffering a little. Once again, if you are iffy about it, dont waste your time
 
Go to the interview you have nothing to loose. Mercer is a great school. Several people at my interview flew from California.