Mercer Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Due to personal problems, I missed the supplemental deadline but Mercer contacted me and gave me a deadline extension...and I submitted the application soon after that (sometime in Jan.)...what do you think my chances are of being accepted? I'm so nervous because this is one of my top choices...

Hopefully I'll get an interview. But I feel like they have some interest since they emailed me to give a deadline extension...I don't know though maybe I'm just too hopeful. Do they even review your application before receiving the supplemental?

Members don't see this ad.

Due to personal problems, I missed the supplemental deadline but Mercer contacted me and gave me a deadline extension...and I submitted the application soon after that (sometime in Jan.)...what do you think my chances are of being accepted? I'm so nervous because this is one of my top choices...

Hopefully I'll get an interview. But I feel like they have some interest since they emailed me to give a deadline extension...I don't know though maybe I'm just too hopeful. Do they even review your application before receiving the supplemental?

Hah, they tricked us all! Called today! YAAAAAY!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah, they tricked us all! Called today! YAAAAAY!

I'm so excited! What a great feeling :D

P.S. I'm from the Iowa/Illinois area too (from Iowa, but go to school in Illinois). If we both end up going to Mercer, we'll be some of the few midwesterners I think!

Congratulations everyone! I can remember how pumped I was to get the call. Its a big deal to get an acceptance from a established school like Mercer, go celebrate!

I'm so excited! What a great feeling :D

P.S. I'm from the Iowa/Illinois area too (from Iowa, but go to school in Illinois). If we both end up going to Mercer, we'll be some of the few midwesterners I think!

I'm from Cleveland and I interview next week, so hopefully you won't be the only midwest'ers

I'm from Cleveland and I interview next week, so hopefully you won't be the only midwest'ers
so which day are you gonna have the interview? mine is on Friday 2/13, if you also have the same day, it'll be nice to know you:)

My interview is Friday also. If anyone wants to meet up Thursday night and do something pm me, I'll be staying with some friends at GA tech.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone think I should call/email those who interviewed me after the interview? or should I wait for a response from the school?

does anyone think I should call/email those who interviewed me after the interview? or should I wait for a response from the school?

I was wondering that too since everyone kept giving me their cards. I guess it depends what you want to call/email them for. If it is just to thank them I think it would probably be ok. However, if you are trying to increase your chances of getting in I'm sure it would have no effect since they must have turned in their interview evaluations already.

By the way, how did everyone's interviews go? And for the people I met that just browse SDN, register and start posting!

Does anybody know when the next committee meeting is??

I was wondering that too since everyone kept giving me their cards. I guess it depends what you want to call/email them for. If it is just to thank them I think it would probably be ok. However, if you are trying to increase your chances of getting in I'm sure it would have no effect since they must have turned in their interview evaluations already.

By the way, how did everyone's interviews go? And for the people I met that just browse SDN, register and start posting!

My interview go quite well, except that conflict solving situation, the host student who interviewed me kept pushing me with that situation, and I think she didn't quite happy with the solution I gave her. The rest is fine I guess.
how's yours?

what was the conflict situation?
It was "what would you do if someone doesn't like you, like at the first time they see you?" And I was like "talk to them, ask the reason why, try to find the best solution, blahblah...". And she continued: "what if after you talk to that person, and that person still doesn't like you? and being rude to you?". I mean the question was kind of unreasonable, so I tell her "then it's his problem, I'll just gonna try not to make him hate me more." I'm not sure if there is a right answer, but I don't think my answer were good...

hmm like in a pharmacy situation?

I would've just said, "I would look past the problem try to work towards a solution.

Or you could've made it into a pharmacy situation. So you would say "well, let's say this rude person is a doctor who's being unreasonable. I would look past our differences and do what's best for the patient"

The committee meeting is tomorrow... gluck everyone! :luck:

Does anyone know if we get notified tomorrow or if not, then when? Thanks.

Does anyone know if we get notified tomorrow or if not, then when? Thanks.

If you're accepted, there's a high chance you will get notified tomorrow.... if not you will definitely get a call on monday. :xf:

oh my gosh... I'm so nervous! I can't concentrate on studying for my test...

I think one of the student got accepted already! I saw a post in SDN. and he got accepted just today! oh man, I'm so anxiety

sorry guys, it was 2008 :p still staring at my emailll....

yea no phone call here either.

whew...I thought i was the only one. I actually went to sleep waiting on my cell phone to ring.:rolleyes:

So what do you guys think happened?
Maybe they'll send out the emails/phone calls on monday?

maybe you're right, cause I remember asking about this, and Melva said that the committee meeting will be held late today, and the result will be sent out the week after. so maybe Monday...

maybe you're right, cause I remember asking about this, and Melva said that the committee meeting will be held late today, and the result will be sent out the week after. so maybe Monday...

Thats what happened when I found out. Everyone said it would be the Friday the committee met but I ended up hearing on a Monday.

I got a call from Jordana about 430 pm Atlanta time for my acceptance. She said they would be mailing out my letter Monday. Good luck to everyone!

I got a call from Jordana about 430 pm Atlanta time for my acceptance. She said they would be mailing out my letter Monday. Good luck to everyone!
they say mail letter? or is it email?

uhm... for those who don't receive call from the school, does it mean they don't get accepted? or just that the school don't call all of the accepted students?

man...i sure hope not all of the accepted got called today already. im going to be thinking about this all weekend long.

if you don't get a call...you prob didn't.

don't confuse that with, if you didn't get a call today you didn't.

When do they tell you if you've been waitlisted?
Will it also be around the same time they tell ppl who have been accepted?

I got a call today saying I was accepted. Good luck to everyone else.

I just got off the phone with Mercer.
I got accepted!!!:love:
Congrats to everyone who will be posting here soon and good luck to everyone still waiting. Its been a long wait, hang in there.