Mercer MS in Biomedical Sciences 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which would you do knowing the previous information

• Mercer Post bacc 2 years 2nd year research

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • William Carey Post bacc 1 year + MCAT prep.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

BlackStar90

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I wanted to ask anyone if they know of anyone who has attended this program or themselves attended the program. I know they take 8 students into their entering class ( I am assuming this is a good thing) but I was wanting to gain more insight. Of course if you have not done the program but have heard some things about the program (hopefully good) please do share. It is a 2 year program with the first year being all coursework and the second year research and then you do a thesis. I chose it because I am interested in possibly doing an MD/PhD program in the future. Alright buddies, please do share the knowledge!!!!

(Side note I'm going to post a poll, I got into another program that is a one year program, slightly cheaper but is connected with a DO school. I'm leaning towards wanting to get an MD mainly for the fact they MD's can practice in every nation whereas DO's are limited to certain nations. A plus for the DO Post back at William Carey is that they have a 5 week MCAT prep program. But for Mercer I could possibly study for the MCAT during my second year while I'm doing my research etc. which would you do baring in mind that if I did the DO post bacc I would most likely go to the school, which I'm not completely apposed to to but would prefer an MD for the autonomy. Please feel free to state your reasons as well as vote on the poll. Thanks !!!

Members don't see this ad.