MERCER SOM TRANSFER INTERVIEW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studycave

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI everyone ! :) I was just wondering if anyone has been interviewed as a transfer student at Mercer Univ. SOM in ga. ? Could anyone please advice on how best to prepare for it ? Were they any uncomfortable questions or was it very laid back ? Please anyone help me, I am a bit nervous :( !

Members don't see this ad.

well, I don't know if this will help at all, but I will begin there as a first yr this fall. My interviews were very laid back and not at all stressful, but I'm not sure how it will be for a transfer. Good luck! :)

Sorry I'm just now replying to your post.

Nearly all of the professors and administrators at MUSM are very friendly and laid back. There are a few (two or three) that are really tough to interview with. The friendliness of the faculty was one of the reasons why I decided on MUSM (plus I'm a big fan of PBL).

For the most part, they are just wanting to meet you and ask you a few questions that will give them an idea if you plan to be mission compliant or not. Mission compliance is a big issue at MUSM since their funding from the state depends on how many graduating students go into a mission-compliant specialty (IM, FP, EM, OB/GYN, peds, surg, and psych).