1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

MERCER SOM TRANSFER INTERVIEW

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by studycave, May 26, 2002.

1. studycave

studycave New Member

HI everyone ! :) I was just wondering if anyone has been interviewed as a transfer student at Mercer Univ. SOM in ga. ? Could anyone please advice on how best to prepare for it ? Were they any uncomfortable questions or was it very laid back ? Please anyone help me, I am a bit nervous :( !

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nebula7

nebula7 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

well, I don't know if this will help at all, but I will begin there as a first yr this fall. My interviews were very laid back and not at all stressful, but I'm not sure how it will be for a transfer. Good luck! :)

4. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sorry I'm just now replying to your post.

Nearly all of the professors and administrators at MUSM are very friendly and laid back. There are a few (two or three) that are really tough to interview with. The friendliness of the faculty was one of the reasons why I decided on MUSM (plus I'm a big fan of PBL).

For the most part, they are just wanting to meet you and ask you a few questions that will give them an idea if you plan to be mission compliant or not. Mission compliance is a big issue at MUSM since their funding from the state depends on how many graduating students go into a mission-compliant specialty (IM, FP, EM, OB/GYN, peds, surg, and psych).