Mercer University 2011 App Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sorry for the confusion..no there wasn't a deposit due for the waitlist..what I meant was that after the second deposit was turned in by the accepted students, they were going to make a decision again for the open spots..i didn't know if they have made the decisions yet or not. Hopefully we will hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad.

sorry for the confusion..no there wasn't a deposit due for the waitlist..what I meant was that after the second deposit was turned in by the accepted students, they were going to make a decision again for the open spots..i didn't know if they have made the decisions yet or not. Hopefully we will hear back soon!

Lol okay good, that makes sense. Hopefully some spots open up and we both get a call soon!! Where are you from? And good luck to both of us :)

I got in!!!! Pulled off the waiting list. Got my phone call June 16th around 1:30pm :D good luck you guys! I'm sure they will make more phone calls!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in!!!! Pulled off the waiting list. Got my phone call June 16th around 1:30pm :D good luck you guys! I'm sure they will make more phone calls!

Congratulations!! That is fantastic!!! I'm super happy for you and happy to hear that the waitlist is moving :)

Hey guys, if u are still wondering about waiting list stuff, the most recent deadline for deposits has passed and I know for sure there is one spot atleast opening up. A friend o mine has decided to go to the first school that accepted her and they sent her an email yesterday that today at noon she forfeits her spot. Keep your heads up and fingers crosses bc they should be making phone calls again soon :)

Hey guys, if u are still wondering about waiting list stuff, the most recent deadline for deposits has passed and I know for sure there is one spot atleast opening up. A friend o mine has decided to go to the first school that accepted her and they sent her an email yesterday that today at noon she forfeits her spot. Keep your heads up and fingers crosses bc they should be making phone calls again soon :)

thanks for the update! waiting's been driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Every phone call I receive, I keep hoping it is from Mercer... I hope they call us soon! I haven't been accepted anywhere yet but Mercer is my top choice! Good luck to everyone! :)

That's great to hear..hopefully they will be making more calls soon!! I know the class is full but hopefully we all get accepted to our 1st choices..Mercer is my 1st choice so I am anxiously waiting everyday to hear back from them! good luck everyone!

That's great to hear..hopefully they will be making more calls soon!! I know the class is full but hopefully we all get accepted to our 1st choices..Mercer is my 1st choice so I am anxiously waiting everyday to hear back from them! good luck everyone!

You and me both! I really hope we hear some good news soon :xf:

I am also on the waitlist at Mercer. I wonder if there is anything I can do on my part to speed up the process. I will be calling on Monday August 8th 2011. I will not lose hope in getting in. To all who are waiting and who have Mercer as their 1 and only choice right now, keep hope alive.;)

I am also on the waitlist at Mercer. I wonder if there is anything I can do on my part to speed up the process. I will be calling on Monday August 8th 2011. I will not lose hope in getting in. To all who are waiting and who have Mercer as their 1 and only choice right now, keep hope alive.;)

Go for it! I'm feeling a bit iffy about the whole thing now.. :shrug: the last time I contacted them to check they just told me to keep waiting because they didn't have any updates for me...

can those who've been accepted or interviewed share your stats pleaseeee?

can those who've been accepted or interviewed share your stats pleaseeee?

3.39 GPA
80 PCAT Composite
7+ years pharmacy experience
Certified in compounding

Submitted application late November; interviewed beginning of Jan; accepted mid-Jan

Hey guys, I'm an applicant for Fall 2012. Just wondering am I suppose to get an email from Mercer about receiving my application or anything? Because my pharmcas was mailed 8/10/11 but I haven't received anything from them :confused:

Hey guys, I'm an applicant for Fall 2012. Just wondering am I suppose to get an email from Mercer about receiving my application or anything? Because my pharmcas was mailed 8/10/11 but I haven't received anything from them :confused:

It takes 4-6 weeks for PHARMCAS to process everything and send it to Mercer. Once Mercer has it, they will notify you that it has been received and it is in the process of being reviewed. Then they'll send you another e-mail if they want you to come in for an interview.

It takes 4-6 weeks for PHARMCAS to process everything and send it to Mercer. Once Mercer has it, they will notify you that it has been received and it is in the process of being reviewed. Then they'll send you another e-mail if they want you to come in for an interview.

My pharmcas has already been mailed on 8/10 and I've received emails from all schools but mercer.

My pharmcas has already been mailed on 8/10 and I've received emails from all schools but mercer.

I know it's hard waiting trust me (I waited three months on their alternate list, only to get an e-mail about there being no space left). But it's still early in the application process, and filing/paperwork takes time. Give it another week or so (cause you don't want to seem too pushy) and if you don't hear from them, then e-mail Emily Foster or Jordan Berry (they're the admissions coordinator and director of admissions, respectively) and they get back to you pretty fast.

Same with my pharmcas. I got an email "file has been completed" on 8/31 and an interview invitation on 9/7. I applied for early decision.

Last edited:
Is anybody coming to the interview on Sept. 16, 2011? Its this Friday!!!!

Hello all! Are there any pharmacy students on here that I PM? I have some questions about the program there :) Good luck to everybody applying!