Mercer University 2011 App Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you in the morning or afternoon interview session?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel that it went well. Only time will tell. I really liked the professor that I interviewed with, she was awesome! I like how laid back the interview was. Hopefully good news is on the way. Mercer is and has been my number one! How about you all??

definitely my number one choice also. and i was in the morning session. and we should hear something by Wednesday is what i was told. so prayers for everyone that interviewed!

I heard we should hear back some time next week. I hope it's by Wednesday, the anticipation is killin' me. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there for the morning session also!! I hope and pray for good news! Hopefully it'll be wed...good luck to us all! I have one class I have to take this summer if I get accepted so def looking forward to knowing whether I'm in or not!

I heard we should hear back some time next week. I hope it's by Wednesday, the anticipation is killin' me. Good luck to everyone!

You and me both! I absolutely loved Mercer and I am just praying that I get in. I interviewed during the morning session also. Just for piece of mind, does anyone know how many spots are left for the c/o 2015 and how many people interviewed on 5/20?

I really hope we hear by Wednesday. It's all I can think about!!

You and me both! I absolutely loved Mercer and I am just praying that I get in. I interviewed during the morning session also. Just for piece of mind, does anyone know how many spots are left for the c/o 2015 and how many people interviewed on 5/20?

I really hope we hear by Wednesday. It's all I can think about!!

It's all I can think about too!! I recall them saying they were going 70 interviews that day we were there... 35in the AM with us and 35 in the afternoon. The 20th was supposed to be the last interview date. I wish I knew how many spots were left. So cool that all of us were at the AM interview...we all saw and might have even spoken to each other!

It's all I can think about too!! I recall them saying they were going 70 interviews that day we were there... 35in the AM with us and 35 in the afternoon. The 20th was supposed to be the last interview date. I wish I knew how many spots were left. So cool that all of us were at the AM interview...we all saw and might have even spoken to each other!

We probably did all speak to each other! Hopefully we'll all be in the same class too :) I know that usually there's like a 1/3 chance of getting in after an interview at Mercer, but I'm not sure it's true for the last few interview dates. (I'm a numbers person lol). I seriously had a dream about Mercer last night...the wait is horrible!! I'll keep you guys posted if I know of anymore info :xf:

We probably did all speak to each other! Hopefully we'll all be in the same class too :) I know that usually there's like a 1/3 chance of getting in after an interview at Mercer, but I'm not sure it's true for the last few interview dates. (I'm a numbers person lol). I seriously had a dream about Mercer last night...the wait is horrible!! I'll keep you guys posted if I know of anymore info :xf:

i called up there today and spoke with Amanda and she said they are aiming to make acceptance calls tomorrow. and waitlist and rejections will be done through email. i wish everyone luck!

i called up there today and spoke with Amanda and she said they are aiming to make acceptance calls tomorrow. and waitlist and rejections will be done through email. i wish everyone luck!

Thanks for the update! I wish I called and asked about the number of seats left open. I know a few other schools give out that information, but I'm not sure about Mercer. Good luck to us all. I hope we left a good impression :)

I had a dream about Mercer too last night! Must be a good sign. I dont know how Im gonna be able to sleep tonight!

I'm right there with you guys! It's been a long day at the south ga medical pharmacy...so long that you would think I would have passed out from exhaustion by now BUT of course not bc the anticipation is killing me. Praying for phone call tomorrow! I wondered how many seats were available myself and wish that I had asked. I will be super bummed if tomorrow doesn't bring good news!:xf:

I wonder what time they are going to be making the phone calls. No word yet. I'm scared to check my email.

I wonder what time they are going to be making the phone calls. No word yet. I'm scared to check my email.

Hey guys, I totally know what you are going through right now. Just try to keep busy today. I was counting the minutes the day that I knew the committee was meeting and by 4:30 with no call yet I was mentally breaking down!! But sure enough at about 4:32 I received my acceptance call!! Good luck and hope to see you in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I totally know what you are going through right now. Just try to keep busy today. I was counting the minutes the day that I knew the committee was meeting and by 4:30 with no call yet I was mentally breaking down!! But sure enough at about 4:32 I received my acceptance call!! Good luck and hope to see you in August.

Thank you for that! I could not sleep at all last night and every time my phone rings, I go nuts lol. I really hope I get a phone call (even if it's at 4:59)!! Thanks again for the post :) I hope I'll see you in August!! :xf:

Oh good to know! I guess I'll have to find something to do to take my mind off of it...don't know if that'll happen lol. Hopefully I'll see you guys in the fall!!:xf:

I have never sat and watched the clock the way I am now. RxSkipper, let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same! I'm kind of tempted to call and make sure they'll be making phone calls today just so I'm not sitting here freaking out for nothing lol.

i know. I can barely stand it. I have to go to work at 3! Im not going to be able to focus.:xf:

i know. I can barely stand it. I have to go to work at 3! Im not going to be able to focus.:xf:

LOL I have class at 3! There is NO way I'm putting my phone on silent either! Ahhh this is killing me!!!

I have never sat and watched the clock the way I am now. RxSkipper, let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same! I'm kind of tempted to call and make sure they'll be making phone calls today just so I'm not sitting here freaking out for nothing lol.

Sounds good, I'll def let you know! Guess I'm going to clean in the mean time so I'm somewhat productive today lol

I also interviewed May 20. Anybody heard anything yet?? I'm starting to get a little anxious.

Still no word for me either...I was scared to check my email, but no email yet so idk...not fun waiting :(

Ok I called up there a min ago...they have not decided yet...they aren't even meeting again until Friday. She said we'll know somethig in the next couple of weeks which sucks bc classes start Monday and if I don't get accepted I don't want to take classes this summer with work and all. Such a bummer!

I called too and Emily said the same thing to me. I was really hoping to know today, but I guess the agony will continue until whenever they decide. Still holding out strong hope. I really love Mercer and I'll be extremely disappointed if things don't work out :xf:

Just a guess but it seemed like around 40 were there in the morning and it looked like the same forward the afternoon (from what I saw). So you can figure at least 80-100 interviewed. I have no idea how many spots are left but I'd imagine there wouldn't be many. Classes begin too soon.

Wow, that news hurts. Sure hope it's sooner than later--I'm die'n over here. Such a nice campus and cool people. I really wish you all the best of luck--I just hope I have a little more. ; )

Just a guess but it seemed like around 40 were there in the morning and it looked like the same forward the afternoon (from what I saw). So you can figure at least 80-100 interviewed. I have no idea how many spots are left but I'd imagine there wouldn't be many. Classes begin too soon.

They said during one of the talks that they were giving 70 interviews. I listen very well :)

They said during one of the talks that they were giving 70 interviews. I listen very well :)

i would also like to add that there were 3 or 4 no shows. i noticed the unclaimed name tags throughout the day on the table for the morning session. keep in mind that the 95% of UGA's class is like the majority of Mercer's first accepted. as ppl continue to do drop offers, it will get better. hopefully. (God be with us!)

There were around 70 interviewed, and I think the afternoon session had a few people missing also.

Even if there were just a couple spots left, I think the second deposit deadline is coming up soon, so they might also be waiting to see how many spots open up. People might still be deciding between UGA, and even UF...

i would also like to add that there were 3 or 4 no shows. i noticed the unclaimed name tags throughout the day on the table for the morning session. keep in mind that the 95% of UGA's class is like the majority of Mercer's first accepted. as ppl continue to do drop offers, it will get better. hopefully. (God be with us!)

I noticed that too! :) I was kinda happy that there were some no shows

I noticed that too! :) I was kinda happy that there were some no shows

There were like 4 no shows for the morning interview. I counted! lol And yeah, I recall Dr. Bartling saying that there were about 70-75 people invited for the 5/20 interview in total.

I unfortunately share the same fate...waitlisted! Such is life i guess. Looks like I'll be in school in tenn next year. Wasn't my first choice but hey it's pharmacy school none the less and I'll just have to take the law portion of my boards in ga when I graduate.

I unfortunately share the same fate...waitlisted! Such is life i guess. Looks like I'll be in school in tenn next year. Wasn't my first choice but hey it's pharmacy school none the less and I'll just have to take the law portion of my boards in ga when I graduate.

which school on Tenn?

UT baby! Only draw back...out of state tuition and now I'll have to learn georgia law after school and take that portion of the boards. It'll run roughly the same as mercer, jut be farther away than I wanted to be but hey it is what it is and I'll have my license in two states after it's all said and done. PS HUGE Georgia tech fan!!!!! Congrats my GT friend! Have some of the best memmories at Georgia tech!

Were you accepte anywhere else?! I hope you were!

yeah i was accepted to Lipscomb and Belmont (both in Nashville) and PCOM in Suwanee. i am confirmed in Suwanee PCOM. i love GA and do not wanna leave family

yeah i was accepted to Lipscomb and Belmont (both in Nashville) and PCOM in Suwanee. i am confirmed in Suwanee PCOM. i love GA and do not wanna leave family

Awesome thatyou are in somewhere! Congrats :)

Thanks! UGA was top on my list- a big reason being tuition - the irony being that i received my bachelor's from instate rival ga tech. haha

lol that is how i felt about UF, but GT and UM don't have Rx schools.

Has anyone from the waitlist heard back yet? Does anyone know if they have made decisions after the second deposit that was due? I am anxiously waiting to hear back...this is my 1st choice so I was hoping to hear back soon from them. if anyone else on the waitlist finds out something..please let me know. Thanks!

Has anyone from the waitlist heard back yet? Does anyone know if they have made decisions after the second deposit that was due? I am anxiously waiting to hear back...this is my 1st choice so I was hoping to hear back soon from them. if anyone else on the waitlist finds out something..please let me know. Thanks!

I was recently placed on the waitlist and I'm really hoping to hear some good news soon, but nothing yet. Was there some sort of waitlist deposit that I was unaware of? I'm confused.