Mercer University Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To Uzumaki Naruto:

Yes it is rolling admissions! Don't worry :) There are interviews all the way into May! The fact that they have completed evaluating your application is a good thing.

Just take it easy, and enjoy :)

Members don't see this ad.

To spenserh88:

Thank you for your prompt response:) I feel reassured. I pray I get an interview, I really like Mercer. I'll be waiting for the interview invite until then. :thumbup:Thank you for your help on this forum!!!!!!:)

Don't worry if it takes a little bit for them to get back to you, they receive a lot of applications this time of year! As Spenser said though, it is a good thing they've evaluated your file and they will promptly let you know of their decision once they reach it. We hope you get an interview as well, good luck!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone...I have an interview at Mercer on 27 Jan but I recently found out that I will not be able to make. Do you think they will reschedule the interview for me? If so, does it look bad on my part? How should I go about it? Does anyone know when the next interview is?

I will appreciate any help/

To Newideas:

Hey! I am sure they will accommodate, as long as it is absolutely necessary to reschedule. Contact Jordana Stephens-Berry or Emily Foster A.S.A.P. (If you don't have their contact info let me know via personal message, but you should have it somewhere!)

Again, if it is a good reason, it will not look bad on your part, but give them as much warning as possible. They will be able to let you know when the next interviews are, but don't worry about that, there are approximately 10 I would say before June!

Good luck, and let me know if you have further questions.

Just wondering....is anyone else scheduled for the Feb 10th interview?

got my acceptance call earlier this week!! so excited! :)

good luck to everyone who's waiting to hear back!

msg me if you have any questions!

got my acceptance call earlier this week!! so excited! :)

good luck to everyone who's waiting to hear back!

msg me if you have any questions!

do you know how long it had been between your acceptance call and the committee evaluated your file after interview?

Have you heard back yet? I got the same email on 1/15 and haven't heard anything! Hope that isn't a bad sign

do you know how long it had been between your acceptance call and the committee evaluated your file after interview?

i had my interview on friday, jan 27th and heard back that following tuesday. i got lucky since the commitee meets every other tuesday.. so i was notified not too long after the interview.

so dont stress too much if you are still waiting to hear from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
There's no template for how long it takes to get accepted! At this point in the year there are a lot of interviewees, and they may meet every other Tuesday, or even every third Tuesday. There are a ton of great candidates like yourselves at this time of the year, so it's hard to whittle down the 150ish students that will be coming. I know telling you guys not to worry is impossible, because it's just kind of human nature, haha, but just try to not think about it, and then the day the acceptance does come, it will be super exciting!

Congrats to those who have been accepted. Good luck to those who have been awarded interviews. Stay hopeful for those who are waiting on interviews (they go into May some years!)

There's no template for how long it takes to get accepted! At this point in the year there are a lot of interviewees, and they may meet every other Tuesday, or even every third Tuesday. There are a ton of great candidates like yourselves at this time of the year, so it's hard to whittle down the 150ish students that will be coming. I know telling you guys not to worry is impossible, because it's just kind of human nature, haha, but just try to not think about it, and then the day the acceptance does come, it will be super exciting!

Congrats to those who have been accepted. Good luck to those who have been awarded interviews. Stay hopeful for those who are waiting on interviews (they go into May some years!)

thanks both of ya...
well in my case we were told that our files are gonna be evaluated on Valentine, so i thought everyone knew when they would be evaluated... well I guess ill get something back from them on Valentine since you (Lann) got it on the day of evaluation...

Well good luck to everyone!!! I wish you all the best and hope to see you in the fall!

Spenser, I am super excited and I wouldn't mind getting started on some material for the fall! Is there anything I should brush up on, etc...or would you recommend I just sit back and enjoy my break? I'm currently unemployed since we moved to Atlanta 4 months ago, so obviously I'm just looking for something productive to occupy my time until school starts:)

To BrownSugar83:

I felt the same way as you at this point, I just wanted to get going on school. But in the end, I just settled down, relaxed, and took full advantage of my break. Meaning, I didn't do ANYTHING school related for 3-4 months, and it was awesome!

That being said, if you get bored it would be good to just start looking into the field of pharmacy. Different career paths, maybe start checking out the organizations Mercer has, and see which ones you'll want to join. Or, even just reading up on the new healthcare system and laws that are going into effect would be beneficial.

But to be honest, I personally would just relax, hang out with friends you may be moving away from, and have a good time!

To BrownSugar83:

I felt the same way as you at this point, I just wanted to get going on school. But in the end, I just settled down, relaxed, and took full advantage of my break. Meaning, I didn't do ANYTHING school related for 3-4 months, and it was awesome!

That being said, if you get bored it would be good to just start looking into the field of pharmacy. Different career paths, maybe start checking out the organizations Mercer has, and see which ones you'll want to join. Or, even just reading up on the new healthcare system and laws that are going into effect would be beneficial.

But to be honest, I personally would just relax, hang out with friends you may be moving away from, and have a good time!

I will take your advice and do just that:)

Has anyone heard about interviews since January? My PharmCAS was finished on 1/13 and they received/processed my supplemental by the 2/8. I really want to hear back from this school.

To Dicecon:

There are rolling admissions, and interviews go all the way through May, so don't stress just yet. However if you would like to be proactive, you can e-mail or call someone in the admissions office.

More information can be found here: http://cophs.mercer.edu/admPharmD.htm

Remember to be polite, they're busy people :)

Thanks spenserh88,

I know its rolling. I was just hoping to see if anyone had heard anything. I am beginning to hear back from other school and just wish I knew where I stood with Mercer. The school is one of my top choices. I'll take your advice and e-mail them soon.

Has anyone else heard about interviews since Jan?

Hi, Does anyone know how many spot are open at Mercer?

Has anyone heard about interviews since January? My PharmCAS was finished on 1/13 and they received/processed my supplemental by the 2/8. I really want to hear back from this school.

I e-submitted my application on 1/21, finished my secondary around the first of february, mailed my deposit in about a week later. I have yet to hear anything. Every school I've applied to has invited me to an interview except Mercer, but from what I've gathered, they are pretty slow.

I e-submitted my application on 1/21, finished my secondary around the first of february, mailed my deposit in about a week later. I have yet to hear anything. Every school I've applied to has invited me to an interview except Mercer, but from what I've gathered, they are pretty slow.

Have you called the admissions office? They're really helpful!

Have you called the admissions office? They're really helpful!

I agree FLGrlJo! Everyone in admissions is fantastic, and they work really hard for all of us students! We appreciate everything they do.

If they seem slow it's probably because of us P1's that go in and ask for help everyday! :) But rest assured, they're trying to accommodate everyone as best as possible.

I interviewed Feb 24th and received the acceptance call on Feb 27th.

I was dumbfounded at how quickly I got the acceptance haha... It took longer for them to process my supplemental application lol

During my interview I was told the committee was to meet Tuesday Feb 27th.

Good luck to those still awaiting responses!

I had my interview on the 17th, and I still haven't heard anything :(......how long will it take to hear from someone? :xf:

I agree FLGrlJo! Everyone in admissions is fantastic, and they work really hard for all of us students! We appreciate everything they do.

If they seem slow it's probably because of us P1's that go in and ask for help everyday! :) But rest assured, they're trying to accommodate everyone as best as possible.

Hey Spencer,

Are IPPE's normally once weekly?

Hey DSTined2Pharm9, have you still not heard anything? Sometimes it is just luck when applicants have interviews near a committee meeting date, perhaps your interview wasn't near the date the committee is set to meet. The response time for other applicants is not necessarily indicative of everyone's waiting period.

BrownSugar83 - As a P1 IPPE is once each week. Our class was split up into three IPPE groups - those who had IPPE on Monday, those who had it on Wednesday, and those who had it on Friday. It lasted anywhere from 2-4 hours, usually somewhere in between there!

Hey DSTined2Pharm9, have you still not heard anything? Sometimes it is just luck when applicants have interviews near a committee meeting date, perhaps your interview wasn't near the date the committee is set to meet. The response time for other applicants is not necessarily indicative of everyone's waiting period.

BrownSugar83 - As a P1 IPPE is once each week. Our class was split up into three IPPE groups - those who had IPPE on Monday, those who had it on Wednesday, and those who had it on Friday. It lasted anywhere from 2-4 hours, usually somewhere in between there!

Thanks bdon151:)

Some exciting news for you newcomers! Our APhA-ASP (Which is the American Pharmacy Association - Academy of Student Pharmacists) just won 3 awards at the national level this past weekend!

We were 3rd place in chapter achievement awards (3rd in the nation of pharmacy schools with 500 or more students!!! Which is a huge accomplishment)

And we won regional awards for our work in subcommittees of APhA: Operation Diabetes, and Operation Immunizations!

This will all probably mean more to you next year lol, but just know that this is a great achievement, and very prestigious!

Last edited:
Some exciting news for you newcomers! Our APhA-ASP (Which is the American Pharmacy Association - Academy of Student Pharmacists) just wont 3 awards at the national level this past weekend!

We were 3rd place in chapter achievement awards (3rd in the nation of pharmacy schools with 500 or more students!!! Which is a huge accomplishment)

And we won regional awards for our work in subcommittees of APhA: Operation Diabetes, and Operation Immunizations!

This will all probably mean more to you next year lol, but just know that this is a great achievement, and very prestigious!

Way to go Mercer!!!! :thumbup:

Hi, does Mercer sent out email to students when they received the deposit for accepted students?

To Meteorstar:

To be honest, I don't remember. But if you e-mail Jordana or Emily in admissions they can look it up and get back to you!

Hey everyone! For those applicants and accepted students who are interested in research opportunities, definitely take a few minutes to check out this video regarding some of the excellent anti-cancer and clinical research happening right here on the Mercer campus. As you will find out in the video, our Center for Clinical Research is one of the few of its kind in the entire nation. This video highlights some of the prominent research you can get involved in here at Mercer, even as a P1! The link is as followed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF552dwO82s&feature=related

Also, be sure to check out the online version of Mercer COPHS's first newsletter, there are some excellent articles in here that can help you learn more about our program - http://cophs.mercer.edu/newsletter/issue001.html

I was wondering, do the committee meet and then call you on the same day or does it take a while?

Hey, sorry for the late reply, but I guess they are not ready to make a decision.....glad I have other options yet still hoping for the best :/

I was wondering, do the committee meet and then call you on the same day or does it take a while?

It's variable Sunnyhills. Generally if they made a definite decision they will try and call you that day, or the next day, but it's impossible to put a timestamp on, especially at this stage of interviews. We have a lot of interviewees every week in February, March, and April. To be fair, and give each applicant the time and discussion they deserve, sometimes the timetable runs a bit later than they would like. Just keep monitoring your e-mail, and your cell phone :)

Hi. I am beginning to worry. It'll be 3 weeks on Wednesday that Mercer has had my complete application, and I still haven't heard anything back. I called about 3 weeks ago and they said my application was just sitting there. Is that a good thing or bad thing. Im getting more and more anxious everyday. Please.... Some advice. :confused::confused:

Last edited:
When they said that my file was complete, in the e-mail it stated that I would hear an admissions decision (whether or not I'd get an interview) within 2-3 weeks. If this is your third week and you haven't heard anything, just call them. Ask for Ms. Faye Greene, she'll update you as to where you are in the application process. Hope that helps.

@SunnyHills I called and they said my app is still under review. That makes me so nervous. Have you heard anything back regarding interviews or what stage of applying are you in if you don't mind me asking?

@SunnyHills I called and they said my app is still under review. That makes me so nervous. Have you heard anything back regarding interviews or what stage of applying are you in if you don't mind me asking?

I just interviewed last Friday and I'm waiting to hear back so *fingers crossed* Also, they interview into May and maybe even June since they moved the deadline for the application back, so there's still a lot of time left.

Hi. I am beginning to worry. It'll be 3 weeks on Wednesday that Mercer has had my complete application, and I still haven't heard anything back. I called about 3 weeks ago and they said my application was just sitting there. Is that a good thing or bad thing. Im getting more and more anxious everyday. Please.... Some advice. :confused::confused:

I just interviewed last Friday and I'm waiting to hear back so *fingers crossed* Also, they interview into May and maybe even June since they moved the deadline for the application back, so there's still a lot of time left.

Thanks for the info! And good luck!! :xf::)

Hi, I was wondering if there are any facebook page for accepted students?

Hey,
I'm planning to apply to Mercer this summer for the next class! Can any of you that have been accepted lately post you gpa and pcats or send them to me? I just want to see what is acceptable with Mercer. I live in Georgia and really want to stay in the state if possible. I'll be graduating the following May with a degree and will have all of the prereqs

In response to Pharm1988 and any other accepted students, you can ask to join the Mercer Class of 2016 Facebook group by going here - http://www.facebook.com/groups/257160447659238/

Jordana or Elizabeth (a member of the class of 2016) are the admins and will accept your request upon verification that you are an accepted student. Enjoy!

i got an acceptance call this morning but i am still waiting to hear back from
other schools.
i acutally submitted the application at the end of feb and got an interview invite like a week later.
interviewed on the 16th of march. hope it helps you guys who are still waiting to hear back.