MFM Fellowship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jnellymin

Reaction score
Hello everyone! As fellowship interview season ramps up I wanted to post where we all get interviews/what we think of programs so we can keep track.

So far I have received one interview to Arrowhead Regional. Share your experience!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on the interview offer!

Can anyone comment on how COVID is affecting the fellowship application/interview process?

As far as I know programs are scheduling their interviews via Zoom. No one has dropped out of the Match.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview from Arrowhead and SUNY Upstate so far! Both state a zoom format. Seems like more invites will come next week. Fingers crossed.

Today I heard back from Duke, EVMS, Icahn Sinai, Loyola Chicago, Penn State, U Miami, UVA. Everyone seems to be doing virtual interviews.

Interviews from Maimonides, University of Rochester, University of New Mexico, SUNY upstate. Waitlisted at OHSU and UMass. All Zoom interviews.

Interviews: Arrowhead, SUNY Upstate, Albany.
Waitlist: Oregon, New Mexico, and Arizona-Phoenix

I haven’t. But I also haven’t heard from the majority of programs in Boston and NYC

Cornell got back to me on Friday (rejection), but they did extend an invite to one of my co-residents who is also applying MFM. Maimonides invited me on 4/30. But no other NYC programs.

I’ve heard from a few NYC/Boston programs so far, but not all. Interviews at Columbia, BIDMC, Irvine, UW, and Stanford. Rejection last Friday from Cornell. Congrats everyone so far! It will be weird not meeting people in person on the interview trail; I liked that part of residency interviews.

Do you all think that programs are strictly sticking to the 18th notification day or will continue to roll out interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly don't know! I got only one invite (UNM) and 2 waitlists today. The remainder of my invites I got over the last two weeks. So I guess every program is doing their own thing?

Any word from southern programs besides Miami?

I’ve heard from a few NYC/Boston programs so far, but not all. Interviews at Columbia, BIDMC, Irvine, UW, and Stanford. Rejection last Friday from Cornell. Congrats everyone so far! It will be weird not meeting people in person on the interview trail; I liked that part of residency interviews.

congrats! Is this UW- Washington or UW- Wisconsin?

Anyone hear from other west coast programs? UCLA, Cedars, UW, UC Denver, UCSF?

One of my co-residents heard from Alabama, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Greenville today

Do you all think that programs are strictly sticking to the 18th notification day or will continue to roll out interviews?
It seems that they are doing the same as before despite the plan for 5/18 notification ‍

Today I heard from: Univ of Arizona, Univ of CT, Univ of Iowa, Loyola, Univ of Illinois, Univ of Maryland, Wake Forest, Maimonides, Jefferson, Penn State, Geisinger, Vanderbilt, Beth Israel (waitlist), Duke (rejection), Univ of Utah (rejection).

Today I heard from: Univ of Arizona, Univ of CT, Univ of Iowa, Loyola, Univ of Illinois, Univ of Maryland, Wake Forest, Maimonides, Jefferson, Penn State, Geisinger, Vanderbilt, Beth Israel (waitlist), Duke (rejection), Univ of Utah (rejection).
Congrats!!!!

One of my co-residents heard from Alabama, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Greenville today
I only heard from Albama
Any word from southern programs besides Miami?
Are people getting invites to University of Miami outside of the match? I don't recall ever seeing this program on ERAS (I just checked it is not there). I am genuinely curious.

I only heard from Albama

Are people getting invites to University of Miami outside of the match? I don't recall ever seeing this program on ERAS (I just checked it is not there). I am genuinely curious.
I think with Miami they stopped accepted applications on May 1 and made it unavailable in eras but it you unclick "accepting application" Miami should pop up

I think with Miami they stopped accepted applications on May 1 and made it unavailable in eras but it you unclick "accepting application" Miami should pop up
Got it. I do remember when I was a pgy-1 someone in our program was trying to apply outside of the match to their MFM fellowship so I was wondering if that is still a thing. I know University of Michigan was initially on ERAS as well, but withdrew early. I am curious what they did with those who applied. Any one get invites today or is it too early in the day?

Got it. I do remember when I was a pgy-1 someone in our program was trying to apply outside of the match to their MFM fellowship so I was wondering if that is still a thing. I know University of Michigan was initially on ERAS as well, but withdrew early. I am curious what they did with those who applied. Any one get invites today or is it too early in the day?
Yeah I think around that time they took people outside of the match because they were a new program.

Has anyone heard from Tufts, NJ, Brown, NYU, yale?

I have heard back from: Beth Israel, Case western, Duke, Easter Virginia, Iowa, IU, Loyola, Mass Gen, Mayo Clinic, Miami, Cornell, NYU, Oregon, Penn State, USC Greenville, U Arizona Phoenix, U Arizona Tucson, U Alabama, UC San Diego, UCSF, UCinncinati, UConneticut, UFlorida, UIC, UKansas, UMatyland, Uminnesota, UNM, Yale, UVA, UWashington

I applied very broadly lol

Has anyone heard from: UNC, Colorado, USF, Brown?

I have heard back from: Beth Israel, Case western, Duke, Easter Virginia, Iowa, IU, Loyola, Mass Gen, Mayo Clinic, Miami, Cornell, NYU, Oregon, Penn State, USC Greenville, U Arizona Phoenix, U Arizona Tucson, U Alabama, UC San Diego, UCSF, UCinncinati, UConneticut, UFlorida, UIC, UKansas, UMatyland, Uminnesota, UNM, Yale, UVA, UWashington

Impressive Congrats!!!

I've heard from Brown and UNC

Only from UT Austin. Anyone here anything from Rutgers, Stony Brook, NYU Winthrop, University of Arkansas, UPMC?
I heard from UPMC Magee (rejection). Did UT Austin start sending out invites?

53 because I am coming from a community program and that's what I could afford. My co-resident applied to every program (with the exception of those that say we do not provide visas) because he needs a visa.

How many programs does everyone plan on interviewing? Also when can we expect the second wave of interviews? May 31st is what I;ve read but thats a Sunday... June 1st?

Has anyone heard from Emory, Northwestern, Montefiore, Ohio State, MUSC, U Chicago, USF, Rochester? When can we expect the next wave of interviews?

From my understanding the second wave would be this week.

Has anyone heard from Emory, Northwestern, Montefiore, Ohio State, MUSC, U Chicago, USF, Rochester? When can we expect the next wave of interviews?
I got an invite from Rochester way early. Like May 12? I did not hear from the other programs you mentioned.

Last edited: