You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MFM Fellowship 2020-2021
Started by jnellymin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got rejection from Northwestern today as well.Got denied to UTSW yesterday and Northwestern today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope. Also, University of Michigan is no longer participating in the Match. Still waiting on Ohio Stare, USF, Oschner, University of Arkansas, Montefiore.Anyone heard from any of the Michigan programs
I only got an invite from Beaumont. Didn't hear from Wayne State anything.Anyone heard from any of the Michigan programs
How did you find that out?Nope. Also, University of Michigan is no longer participating in the Match. Still waiting on Ohio Stare, USF, Oschner, University of Arkansas, Montefiore.
ERAS. It said University of Michigan no longer participating in the match.
How did you find that out?
I only got a random email from Wayne State back in late May/early June acknowledging that they got my CREOG scores.I only got an invite from Beaumont. Didn't hear from Wayne State anything.
I only got a random email from Wayne State back in late May/early June acknowledging that they got my CREOG scores.
Same
Same.I only got a random email from Wayne State back in late May/early June acknowledging that they got my CREOG scores.
I am. It's the same match process but separate interview dates. When I applied they had me indicate in my personal statement that I'm interested in the combined program.Anyone applying for MFM/Genetics? I'm curious to see if it's the same process as just pure MFM. Does it go through the same match system?
Has anyone thought about doing second looks at places they are really interested to n?
Thought about it doing it unofficially... like checking out the city and the places on my own.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've received a few more interviews in the past couple weeks which is encouraging... hang in there.
Has anyone heard from UColorado, USF, WashU, Vanderbilt, Emory, Brown?
Which ones have you heard from the past couple weeks?
I’ve heard back from WashU, Emory, and UColorado.
.
Last edited:
Any idea why MFM is the only fellowship represented in SDN forums regarding interviews?
there should be one on REI, MIS, Gyn onc, somewhere else. MFM is pretty competitive. All but a few spots get filled.
Good morning folks, what's everyone's opinion on writing thank you emails to your interviewers? I have always wondered if this move adds any value to your application. Curious to hear your opinions.
It doesn't hurt to do that. But if the program specifically say not to send them, don't.
I think it's a nice gesture, but I don't think it's required.
Only rejects... :-(. What's your count now Doc Nelly?
Just wondering has anyone received any interviews in the past couple of weeks? It has been slowing down for me.
anybody interviewing at Cincinnati tomorrow? I did not get any Zoom links or details yet...
If you a rotation at an institution, you increase the chances that they will select you for interviewHello Folks, I am curious is there any impact of doing outside rotation on application. Thanks
when do you guys start registering on the NRMP website for the Match?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean by that? Do you mean including residency training as an experience?Hello Folks , I have one question. Do we need to include residency part in experience section also in ERAS
Hi everyone, building up my rank list now. I am ranking everywhere I interviewed. I am trying to add UPMC Harrisburg but I don't seem to find that program. Any one else have the same issue trying to add that program?
I talked to them today and they said the issue should be resolved now
I have included my residency under training section. Do I have to show residency time under experience also
Nope
Anyone submit their rank list yet? I think I am all good to go and I feel the more I keep looking at it, the likely I will keep trying to change the order of programs.
I haven't yet. I keep doing the same thing. I'm so ready to find out the results.
when is the last day available to submit the rank list for us applicants? and is it the same for programs too?
when is the last day available to submit the rank list for us applicants? and is it the same for programs too?
Sept 30 last day I believe for both
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applying in a pandemic
New Member
Would anyone be up for a zoom call on the afternoon of match day? It would be fun to see everyone in one place.
I think that would be a great idea. It would be nice to meet future comrades in the field. We will probably be bumping into each other at conferences, etc.Would anyone be up for a zoom call on the afternoon of match day? It would be fun to see everyone in one place.
I think the results will come via email at 12 pm EST?Is there a centralized place where the match results will come out?