MFM Fellowship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got denied to UTSW yesterday and Northwestern today.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard from any of the Michigan programs
Nope. Also, University of Michigan is no longer participating in the Match. Still waiting on Ohio Stare, USF, Oschner, University of Arkansas, Montefiore.

Anyone applying for MFM/Genetics? I'm curious to see if it's the same process as just pure MFM. Does it go through the same match system?

Anyone applying for MFM/Genetics? I'm curious to see if it's the same process as just pure MFM. Does it go through the same match system?
I am. It's the same match process but separate interview dates. When I applied they had me indicate in my personal statement that I'm interested in the combined program.

Has anyone thought about doing second looks at places they are really interested to n?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone thought about doing second looks at places they are really interested to n?

Thought about it doing it unofficially... like checking out the city and the places on my own.

I've received a few more interviews in the past couple weeks which is encouraging... hang in there.

Has anyone heard from UColorado, USF, WashU, Vanderbilt, Emory, Brown?

I've received a few more interviews in the past couple weeks which is encouraging... hang in there.

Has anyone heard from UColorado, USF, WashU, Vanderbilt, Emory, Brown?

Which ones have you heard from the past couple weeks?

I’ve heard back from WashU, Emory, and UColorado.

Got interviews to UTenn, Thomas Jefferson and UAB in the last couple weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning folks, what's everyone's opinion on writing thank you emails to your interviewers? I have always wondered if this move adds any value to your application. Curious to hear your opinions.

Good morning folks, what's everyone's opinion on writing thank you emails to your interviewers? I have always wondered if this move adds any value to your application. Curious to hear your opinions.

It doesn't hurt to do that. But if the program specifically say not to send them, don't.
I think it's a nice gesture, but I don't think it's required.

Just wondering has anyone received any interviews in the past couple of weeks? It has been slowing down for me.

anybody interviewing at Cincinnati tomorrow? I did not get any Zoom links or details yet...

Hello Folks, I am curious is there any impact of doing outside rotation on application. Thanks

Hello Folks, I am curious is there any impact of doing outside rotation on application. Thanks
If you a rotation at an institution, you increase the chances that they will select you for interview

when do you guys start registering on the NRMP website for the Match?

Hello Folks , I have one question. Do we need to include residency part in experience section also in ERAS

The NRMP is already open for registration. I already started building my rank list.

Reactions: 1 users
Exciting times.
How are you ranking your programs? Any tips?

Hello Folks , I have one question. Do we need to include residency part in experience section also in ERAS

I have included my residency under training section. Do I have to show residency time under experience also

Hi everyone, building up my rank list now. I am ranking everywhere I interviewed. I am trying to add UPMC Harrisburg but I don't seem to find that program. Any one else have the same issue trying to add that program?

Hi everyone, building up my rank list now. I am ranking everywhere I interviewed. I am trying to add UPMC Harrisburg but I don't seem to find that program. Any one else have the same issue trying to add that program?

I talked to them today and they said the issue should be resolved now

hey everyone, i am planning to apply NEXT YEAR, and wanted to ask how important are extracurricular/leadership activities??? i currently don't have any, as I spend all of my free time trying to work on research or study.

Seems like everything you have done up to this point helps. They know that residency is time-consuming and they don't expect you to do a lot.

Anyone have tips on how to rank programs? Excel template to share?

Anyone submit their rank list yet? I think I am all good to go and I feel the more I keep looking at it, the likely I will keep trying to change the order of programs.

Anyone submit their rank list yet? I think I am all good to go and I feel the more I keep looking at it, the likely I will keep trying to change the order of programs.

I haven't yet. I keep doing the same thing. I'm so ready to find out the results.

I ranked programs based on how much I really wanted to go there and the vibe I got from the people.

when is the last day available to submit the rank list for us applicants? and is it the same for programs too?

Good luck to everyone as rank list are due today!!! I'm so nervous but excited!!!!

Would anyone be up for a zoom call on the afternoon of match day? It would be fun to see everyone in one place.

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone be up for a zoom call on the afternoon of match day? It would be fun to see everyone in one place.
I think that would be a great idea. It would be nice to meet future comrades in the field. We will probably be bumping into each other at conferences, etc.

Is there a centralized place where the match results will come out?