MFM Fellowship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On eras it says it will be unavailable from May 31-June 8... hoping that does not affect interviews...

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Texas schools or MedStar?

Any does anyone know how many applicants are there per each interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview from Baylor but haven't heard from the rest of the Texas programs.

Received invite from university of mississippi.

Has anyone heard from Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson?

So it has been radio silence for me since May 18th... anyone have any idea when we can expect more news?

So it has been radio silence for me since May 18th... anyone have any idea when we can expect more news?
I receive Mississippi invite today but received a few rejections since May 18th

When you mention you've heard from a particular school, are you referring to an interview invitation or rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many interviews is everyone planning on "attending"?

I have five interviews so definitely going to all mine. Hopefully I'll receive more.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get a interview offer from Indiana before yesterday. I just got one but I’m trying to see if it’s during the second wave of offers.

Hoping today will bring more news for everyone since Eras will open up again today. Fingers crossed!!!

I got denied from UChicago today too. Nothing else

• Sad
Has anyone heard from Northwestern, Oschner, Ohio State, USF, USC/LAC, U Tenn, UTSW, or Wash U?

Has anyone heard from Northwestern, Oschner, Ohio State, USF, USC/LAC, U Tenn, UTSW, or Wash U?
I got an interview to Oschner. Waitlist at USC. Havent heard from the others.

I got one from UMKC today. Yay!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I know this question has been asked a million times. But has anyone been told how many interviews to get in order to feel fairly secure that they will match?

I know this question has been asked a million times. But has anyone been told how many interviews to get in order to feel fairly secure that they will match?

This is a nice topic for discussion. The NMRP released a series of stats. For contiguous rankings for MFM, the average is around 5 for matching. I still don't know how to interpret what that means because most of us are applying to one subspecialty... am I right?

Then I hear people saying 10 is a good number. In the end, all we need is one interview and that one program. Your thoughts?

This is a nice topic for discussion. The NMRP released a series of stats. For contiguous rankings for MFM, the average is around 5 for matching. I still don't know how to interpret what that means because most of us are applying to one subspecialty... am I right?

Then I hear people saying 10 is a good number. In the end, all we need is one interview and that one program. Your thoughts?

I am a firm believer in all you need is one. Yeah I agree with the stats from NRMP. It's all so nerve racking.

Reactions: 2 users
I am a firm believer in all you need is one. Yeah I agree with the stats from NRMP. It's all so nerve racking.

I feel like fellowship is a different ballgame from residency already. It seems like places that have ties with my former institutions and mentors seem to offer me interviews. Places that I have no connections seem to praise my accomplishments then say they can't interview me. It's worse than Tinder. LOL JK JK

Right. I feel like I’m getting ghosted right now, because so many programs haven’t said anything to me yet

Got invited to U Tenn Memphis and U Tenn Knoxville this week. Radio silence from the rest of the programs you mentioned. Interested to see if anyone heard from Oschner, USF or Ohio State.

Got invited to U Tenn Memphis and U Tenn Knoxville this week. Radio silence from the rest of the programs you mentioned. Interested to see if anyone heard from Oschner, USF or Ohio State.

I received an interview from ut knoxville and Memphis this week as well. I got an interview from ochsner on the single notification date back in May. Haven’t heard from USF and didn’t apply to Ohio state.

Has anyone heard from UT Houston or UTSW Dallas this week? I’ve heard from a few other Texas programs but not these.

I have not heard from USF or Ohio state. As far as Texas programs go, I got a rejection from UT San Antonio and an invite to UT Austin. The rest are radio silence for me. I really don't know what to make out of the programs that did not reject or waitlist me. I am gonna treat them as a rejection I guess?

I received an interview from ut knoxville and Memphis this week as well. I got an interview from ochsner on the single notification date back in May. Haven’t heard from USF and didn’t apply to Ohio state.

Has anyone heard from UT Houston or UTSW Dallas this week? I’ve heard from a few other Texas programs but not these.

It seems like there are some movements with regards to interviews. I think we can still be optimistic about hearing back from programs this month. Many programs where I have already scheduled an interview are rescheduling and reorganizing interview slots because everything is now virtual. So hang in there!!! I hope we all hear back from more soon so we can get some kind of closure.

Reactions: 1 users
I am low key anxious because I come from an urban community program in a major East Coast city with no connections what so ever and no track record of people applying to fellowships. My co-resident and I who applied to MFM are literally going off our publications, presentations and research. If we match, we will be the first people in our program to match in decades. We were both surprised to get a decent number of invites, but no one knows how this pendulum will swing. Best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
what's the average interviews that you and/or your colleagues are getting?

So far, I have 10. I think that's enough considering that I only applied to 15 places.

what's the average interviews that you and/or your colleagues are getting?

So far, I have 10. I think that's enough considering that I only applied to 15 places.

So far I have 6.

Received a decline email from UTSW in Dallas which states they filled their interview dates in case anyone is still waiting to hear from them.