-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MFM Fellowship 2020-2021
Started by jnellymin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Applying in a pandemic
New Member
Has anyone heard from the University of Kentucky
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. One of my coresidents got an invite approximately 2 weeks ago.
Has anyone heard from the University of Kentucky
Last edited:
I haven't heard anythingHas anyone heard from Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson?
I receive Mississippi invite today but received a few rejections since May 18thSo it has been radio silence for me since May 18th... anyone have any idea when we can expect more news?
When you mention you've heard from a particular school, are you referring to an interview invitation or rejection?
Invitations from both.
I think they got out of the matchHas anyone heard from Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard from Colorado or USF?
one of my coresidents received an invite from Colorado
Right now I am scheduled for 17... I think that may be overkill tho
How many interviews is everyone planning on "attending"?
Applying in a pandemic
New Member
Did anyone get a interview offer from Indiana before yesterday. I just got one but I’m trying to see if it’s during the second wave of offers.
Right now I am scheduled for 17... I think that may be overkill tho
Congrats!!! 17 is amazing. How did you arrange all your interviews so they don't overlap?
Yes I got one on May 18th. And thanks. so far none of them overlap.Did anyone get a interview offer from Indiana before yesterday. I just got one but I’m trying to see if it’s during the second wave of offers.
Hoping today will bring more news for everyone since Eras will open up again today. Fingers crossed!!!
I got four rejections already. :-(
I got four rejections already. :-(
Oh no! I got 1 from university of Chicago today. What places sent out rejections?
Oh no! I got 1 from university of Chicago today. What places sent out rejections?
University Chicago
UPMC
UMass
Loyola
University Chicago
UPMC
UMass
Loyola
Anyone with offers from the second wave?
Anyone with offers from the second wave?
I just got one from University of New Mexico from the waitlist
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview to Oschner. Waitlist at USC. Havent heard from the others.Has anyone heard from Northwestern, Oschner, Ohio State, USF, USC/LAC, U Tenn, UTSW, or Wash U?
I got one from Vermont and UPMC Harrisburg. No replies from a lot of places still.Anyone with offers from the second wave?
I got one from Vermont and UPMC Harrisburg. No replies from a lot of places still.
Got one for UPMC pinnacle today.
I know this question has been asked a million times. But has anyone been told how many interviews to get in order to feel fairly secure that they will match?
This is a nice topic for discussion. The NMRP released a series of stats. For contiguous rankings for MFM, the average is around 5 for matching. I still don't know how to interpret what that means because most of us are applying to one subspecialty... am I right?
Then I hear people saying 10 is a good number. In the end, all we need is one interview and that one program. Your thoughts?
This is a nice topic for discussion. The NMRP released a series of stats. For contiguous rankings for MFM, the average is around 5 for matching. I still don't know how to interpret what that means because most of us are applying to one subspecialty... am I right?
Then I hear people saying 10 is a good number. In the end, all we need is one interview and that one program. Your thoughts?
I am a firm believer in all you need is one. Yeah I agree with the stats from NRMP. It's all so nerve racking.
I am a firm believer in all you need is one. Yeah I agree with the stats from NRMP. It's all so nerve racking.
I feel like fellowship is a different ballgame from residency already. It seems like places that have ties with my former institutions and mentors seem to offer me interviews. Places that I have no connections seem to praise my accomplishments then say they can't interview me. It's worse than Tinder. LOL JK JK
Applying in a pandemic
New Member
Right. I feel like I’m getting ghosted right now, because so many programs haven’t said anything to me yet
Got invited to U Tenn Memphis and U Tenn Knoxville this week. Radio silence from the rest of the programs you mentioned. Interested to see if anyone heard from Oschner, USF or Ohio State.
Has anyone heard from Northwestern, Oschner, Ohio State, USF, USC/LAC, U Tenn, UTSW, or Wash U?
Got invited to U Tenn Memphis and U Tenn Knoxville this week. Radio silence from the rest of the programs you mentioned. Interested to see if anyone heard from Oschner, USF or Ohio State.
I received an interview from ut knoxville and Memphis this week as well. I got an interview from ochsner on the single notification date back in May. Haven’t heard from USF and didn’t apply to Ohio state.
Has anyone heard from UT Houston or UTSW Dallas this week? I’ve heard from a few other Texas programs but not these.
I have not heard from USF or Ohio state. As far as Texas programs go, I got a rejection from UT San Antonio and an invite to UT Austin. The rest are radio silence for me. I really don't know what to make out of the programs that did not reject or waitlist me. I am gonna treat them as a rejection I guess?
I received an interview from ut knoxville and Memphis this week as well. I got an interview from ochsner on the single notification date back in May. Haven’t heard from USF and didn’t apply to Ohio state.
Has anyone heard from UT Houston or UTSW Dallas this week? I’ve heard from a few other Texas programs but not these.
It seems like there are some movements with regards to interviews. I think we can still be optimistic about hearing back from programs this month. Many programs where I have already scheduled an interview are rescheduling and reorganizing interview slots because everything is now virtual. So hang in there!!! I hope we all hear back from more soon so we can get some kind of closure.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am low key anxious because I come from an urban community program in a major East Coast city with no connections what so ever and no track record of people applying to fellowships. My co-resident and I who applied to MFM are literally going off our publications, presentations and research. If we match, we will be the first people in our program to match in decades. We were both surprised to get a decent number of invites, but no one knows how this pendulum will swing. Best of luck to everyone!!
what's the average interviews that you and/or your colleagues are getting?
So far, I have 10. I think that's enough considering that I only applied to 15 places.
So far I have 6.
Received a decline email from UTSW in Dallas which states they filled their interview dates in case anyone is still waiting to hear from them.
Same