MFM Fellowship 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many days off are you guys getting to do these interviews?

I have 5 interviews so i’ll be taking 5 days off. Where are you guys at?

Members don't see this ad :)
How’s it going guys? Have any of you started interviewing?

Two interviews last week, two this week. Have really enjoyed meeting some of y'all on the "trail" this year.
Still like 20 programs I haven't heard back from...

Two interviews last week, two this week. Have really enjoyed meeting some of y'all on the "trail" this year.
Still like 20 programs I haven't heard back from...
Are interviews in a group? That seems difficult to manage virtually. My first interview is next week.

done with 2 and 2 this week. its individual not in group. you will be fine. Stay calm. once done with first one, You will be expert.

Reactions: 1 user
I have done one so far and about to start doing more. One later this week. I agree that once you are in the groove it goes well.

Have you all registered for the match yet? We’re you able to go back and add your NRMP number to your ERAS application?

Have you all registered for the match yet? We’re you able to go back and add your NRMP number to your ERAS application?
Registered but can't figure out how to add the NRMP ID number to the application - any insights???

Members don't see this ad :)
My NRMP ID is listed on my application. I don’t t remember having added it and had assumed it was filled automatically.

My NRMP ID is listed on my application. I don’t t remember having added it and had assumed it was filled automatically.
Really? Mine doesn't show up but I also just signed up recently... I don't know

Registered but can't figure out how to add the NRMP ID number to the application - any insights???
So I’ve been on the phone with ERAS trying to figure it out. We can’t edit our applications anymore because we’re December cycle applicants. I’m assuming this is a common thing because the NRMP registration didn’t open until June, and our ERAS season had closed. Anyone know if we need to email our NRMP number to programs or if they can find us without it?

So I’ve been on the phone with ERAS trying to figure it out. We can’t edit our applications anymore because we’re December cycle applicants. I’m assuming this is a common thing because the NRMP registration didn’t open until June, and our ERAS season had closed. Anyone know if we need to email our NRMP number to programs or if they can find us without it?
You are right, we no longer change it.I called NRMP and they said Program can find candidate by four ways i.e. By AAMC ID, By first/last name ; By school name. So they can find us. Do not worry.

Last edited:
Its simple , Please check any program and when you get interviewed there. See How many total candidates during your interview and then see how many total days they had interview dates. you will get answer

Hello Folks, Ranking time ... any advice.. best to worst programs that can help ranking

I’m ready to certify my list and find out already.

Has anyone certified their ROL yet? I’m fairly set on my order and believe interviews are pretty much done. Is there any reason to wait?

I’ve had a couple programs send out follow up emails this week. Have you guys noticed this? I’m definitely not playing into it but I was surprised by it. During residency interviews I received zero post interview communications. Maybe it’s because the pool is smaller now. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve had a couple programs send out follow up emails this week. Have you guys noticed this? I’m definitely not playing into it but I was surprised by it. During residency interviews I received zero post interview communications. Maybe it’s because the pool is smaller now. 🤷‍♂️
nah I haven't heard anything, but I don't know what to make of it. I had a coresident match into a fellowship after receiving comms from a place telling them they were practically #1, so they ranked that program #1, and then ended up somewhere else, so I'm skeptical. Where all did you hear from?

We’re getting close to the end! How many programs are y’all ranking? I’m ranking 6 and I hope that’s enough.

We all need one to get rank . 6 is good number by looking NRMP match stat data

i've certified my ROL but i'm having 2nd thoughts about some of my programs

worried that i am placing too much weight on "how the interview day felt", and too little weight on a program's "prestige"

worried that i am placing too much weight on "how the interview day felt", and too little weight on a program's "prestige"
Having virtual interviews made it challenging to really assess the programs. But a program’s prestige and trajectory should probably remain fairly consistent.

Defintely a factor, but if you are miserable at a place or something, then the prestige isn't worth it

Hey any of you had post interview communication with your top 3 programs and have you heard back from them?

Hey any of you had post interview communication with your top 3 programs and have you heard back from them?
I heard back from a couple programs. Of course I heard crickets from my #1 choice.

I have one quesiton in NRMP raking it never shows " Verified " . Only shows paid and certified. anyone sees " . I found Verified as mention in ranking NRMP guideline . Can someone please check if there is Verification status shows like here. thanks
1632360287947.png

I have one quesiton in NRMP raking it never shows " Verified " . Only shows paid and certified. anyone sees " . I found Verified as mention in ranking NRMP guideline . Can someone please check if there is Verification status shows like here. thanks View attachment 343741
Mine only says certified and paid as well. They sent an email confirming that the lost was certified.

Good luck everyone! I actually made a change to my list 30 minutes before the deadline. Now for the longest 2 weeks!

Three sleeps! Or more like sleepless nights but still!

How did it go for everyone?! I fortunately matched my number 1!

So excited to meet so many of y’all over the next few years and stuff!

Hi all! Congratulations to each of you! All the best moving forward!!
I have a question about the timeline of applications, on the ERAS website MFM is listed as December cycle... What exactly might this be referring to and why does this seem different than the May deadline that is usually mentioned?

Thank you so much for any response you're able to offer in this regard!

Hi all! Congratulations to each of you! All the best moving forward!!
I have a question about the timeline of applications, on the ERAS website MFM is listed as December cycle... What exactly might this be referring to and why does this seem different than the May deadline that is usually mentioned?

Thank you so much for any response you're able to offer in this regard!

That's when applications open.

Hi all!

Now that we have matched, I have a question concerning general OBGYN oral boards. Does anyone have any insight on pros/cons of timing? At my institution, the fellows all wait until their third year, but I’m leaning toward taking it after my first year. Thoughts?

Hi all!

Now that we have matched, I have a question concerning general OBGYN oral boards. Does anyone have any insight on pros/cons of timing? At my institution, the fellows all wait until their third year, but I’m leaning toward taking it after my first year. Thoughts?

I would ask the fellows at the place you matched for their advice when to take OB/GYN oral boards. At my program, everyone takes it in their 3rd year as well because 1st year is too hectic. It’s easier to collect your cases during 2nd year and take it 3rd year, which has the most research time, and thus more time to study.

Are yall doin anything specific to prepare for fellowship? Just focusing on finishing out residency?

Are yall doin anything specific to prepare for fellowship? Just focusing on finishing out residency?
I was planning on picking up a textbook and doing a little reading. I’ve been out of residency for a year so I need to get back into the grind.

Has anyone heard anything from their program after match? I got some congratulations emails in October, but nothing since… this is typical I’m assuming? And we probably won’t get paperwork/contracts etc till next spring?

Has anyone heard anything from their program after match? I got some congratulations emails in October, but nothing since… this is typical I’m assuming? And we probably won’t get paperwork/contracts etc till next spring?
Similar. I got an email in my spam folder about wanting to start July 1 vs. August 1 and what I wanted to do but that was really it. They said I would hear more after the holidays.