MGH IHP interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going up to Boston in two weeks too see some studios and one bedrooms. I'm working with two realtors who are going to show me places near the school! Soooo excited!

Members don't see this ad.

They said they interviewed 120 people who "were all qualified to be admitted" and sent out 60 acceptances in their first round of offers, so it could be as large as 60 people.

I'm wondering when they'll send out the next round of acceptances and taking people off the waitlist...

Hopefully after the first round of acceptances have to send in their deposit, which I believe is this weekend. Then they will know how many spots they have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I'll be starting at MGH this summer too. My wife and I are closing on a house in Cambridge on April 1st and are thinking of having a roommate if anyone is interested. Is there a facebook group yet where we can all connect?

Don't know if anyone still check this, but I'm looking for a female student to sublet my room this summer in Boston. If you're interested, PM me!

Anyone heard from MGH?

Creeped this thread - invites for 2/2 came out on 1/20. So maybe next week?

Just received an interview invite for 1/30!

Reactions: 1 user
YEAH! I'll be there on 1/30 as well!

Edit: Just kidding, I have to ask to reschedule for the following week :D Got a bit too excited there!

I'll be there 1/30/16 as well! :claps:

Got an interview invite for the 30th as well but I'll probably try to reschedule it due to an interview the day before in Fort Worth! Is MGH IHP anyone's top choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview for February 6th!!! Very excited. Congrats to y'all!!

I was also invited to the Jan 30 interview. Super excited. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Got an interview invite for the 30th as well but I'll probably try to reschedule it due to an interview the day before in Fort Worth! Is MGH IHP anyone's top choice?

I'm actually going to try to reschedule as well since I have an interview the day before in CA. MGH is definitely in my top two!

Hi!! Did anyone get a confirmation or something after sending in a response to the link they sent for interviews?

I responded but I'm feeling nervous since I haven't heard anything back

Hi!! Did anyone get a confirmation or something after sending in a response to the link they sent for interviews?

I responded but I'm feeling nervous since I haven't heard anything back
Are you talking about a link they sent in December or the reminder link from last week?

12/22: Invite for 1/30 interview received with RSVP link. I requested the alternate date.
1/4: Email with correction time for 1/30 1pm interview registration. Reminder to click the RSVP link if you haven't done it in December. Request to acknowledge the changed registration time by responding to the email.
1/4: Email asking to plz click the RSVP link again if you have not already done so in December because something glitched last time.
1/5: Email confirming my request to change interview from 1/30 to 2/6 and request to acknowledge said schedule change by responding.

Seems to me that if you RSVP'ed affirmatively to the first email, you're all set!

Reactions: 2 users
How were everyone's interviews?

Oh boy my interviewer was SO HARD to read. In Denver, I could tell they were happy and liked me. Here, I couldn't. Waaaah. And CU wants an answer by the end of next week!

Group B! It's so strange how maybe we even interacted but have no idea :D

Every time my phone beeps for an email, I freak out :D

Reactions: 1 users
Lol I thought you had heard back when I saw there was a reply to this thread

Lol I thought you had heard back when I saw there was a reply to this thread
I thought YOU heard back when I saw there was a reply :D

The past few years decisions came out like within 3-4 dayssssssssssss. Come ooooooon.
I'm trying to alleviate the nervousness by thinking about what it's gonna be like to attend my second choice school and convincing myself that I'll be just as happy there, haha.

The past few years decisions came out like within 3-4 dayssssssssssss. Come ooooooon.

We were probably all so great they're having a tough time narrowing it down! Lol:D

I think they have to approach admissions differently this year due to the curriculum overhaul.

Maybe that's why it could take longer?

I'm trying to alleviate the nervousness by thinking about what it's gonna be like to attend my second choice school and convincing myself that I'll be just as happy there, haha.

I was literally freaking out about the same thing. I had my interview on the 30th and was told they'd make a decision within 7-10 days, which meant we'd find out anytime after that... but I had also looked at old forums here, and everyone started hearing back 4 days after the second day of interviews. :arghh: Though what you said PTX2 makes sense.

As for prepping to go to a second choice- many of the PTs I know have told me again and again the what school you go to for your DPT doesn't matter so much as where you work your clinical rotations and what jobs you take afterwards. One PT told me that as long as the school is accredited, it will be okay. Obviously MGH is amazing and would be great to get into, but even if we don't get into it, our PT careers will still work out. :nod:

I've been following this thread for quite some time and finally decided to make an account so I can talk to you guys haha. I feel like they might have to do a couple more interviews (maybe this weekend) because some people may have canceled cause of the bad weather.

Also phyline I was in group B too! Who interviewed you?

I feel like they might have to do a couple more interviews (maybe this weekend) because some people may have canceled cause of the bad weather.

Also phyline I was in group B too! Who interviewed you?
Nooooooo, more interviews sounds like a delay. I have a hard deadline of next Friday for a $1000 deposit at another school >_<

I had an interview with Marianne and another dude. She had a bit of a "holier than thou" attitude and tried to talk down the MDs I've worked with in the past, which I did not appreciate.

Nooooooo, more interviews sounds like a delay. I have a hard deadline of next Friday for a $1000 deposit at another school >_<

I had an interview with Marianne and another dude. She had a bit of a "holier than thou" attitude and tried to talk down the MDs I've worked with in the past, which I did not appreciate.

Ahh I guess we probably didn't meet then. What do you mean talk down MDs? She didn't like the people you worked with, or was she just belittling your experiences? That's rough, I really wonder how they pick applicants with so many different people doing interviews. My interviewer didn't even take notes on us

Ahh I guess we probably didn't meet then. What do you mean talk down MDs? She didn't like the people you worked with, or was she just belittling your experiences? That's rough, I really wonder how they pick applicants with so many different people doing interviews. My interviewer didn't even take notes on us
Sent you a PM :D

Also, the interview felt really short - 20-30min split between two people, and I didn't really get asked any substantial questions, so idk how they choose people based off of that.... Compared to other places where it's 30m each with two different faculty members.

I was really only asked about my extracurriculars so it was frustrating... Didn't even get to discuss my clinical experiences which I consider the strongest part of my application

My interviewer didn't even take notes on us

My interviewer didn't ask us any questions!

Just gave us an opportunity to ask whatever questions we had remaining.

Of course, I've analyzed this to death and must assume she was judging us based on the types and qualities of questions asked. Lol.

This would make sense in my head considering the new curriculum...

My interviewer didn't ask us any questions!

Just gave us an opportunity to ask whatever questions we had remaining.

Of course, I've analyzed this to death and must assume she was judging us based on the types and qualities of questions asked. Lol.

This would make sense in my head considering the new curriculum...
Whaaaa weird. Well, I sang praises to the new curriculum and compared it to my undergrad and my work to death, so this gives me hope. Lol.

Wow it's really interesting to hear the different experiences we've all had :pompous:

Whaaaa weird. Well, I sang praises to the new curriculum and compared it to my undergrad and my work to death, so this gives me hope. Lol.

I did something similar haha. Also I do remember them saying something along the lines of, "we're just trying to fill in some missing info from your application" with the interview, so maybe they just further scrutinize us on paper? Who knows.

I did something similar haha. Also I do remember them saying something along the lines of, "we're just trying to fill in some missing info from your application" with the interview, so maybe they just further scrutinize us on paper? Who knows.
I feel like they already knew who they wanted to admit, and the interview just kind of had to happen because protocol.

I feel like they already knew who they wanted to admit, and the interview just kind of had to happen because protocol.

Interesting theory, but I feel like they could weed some people out with interviews. Also I'll try to not give you heart attacks anymore haha.

Hi people! I interviewed Jan. 30th and am trying not to have a heart attack every time I wait for my email to load... Please post updates if anyone has heard back about final decisions!

Just to keep the suspense going.....STILL NOTHING!