MGH IHP interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to keep the suspense going.....STILL NOTHING!
If my extra interview theory is correct, I'm expecting a response by tomorrow or Thursday afternoon.

Members don't see this ad.

"The purpose of this communication is to inform you that your admission decision will be ready for your review on 2/16/2016 12:00:00 PM. "

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

Accepted with scholarship!!!!! While in the dentist's chair!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wait listed :/ Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted off of the wait list??

Accepted! Congrats to those who were. Now a tough decision between BU and MGH, any insight would be helpful! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Didn't see anything about a scholarship >_<
@PTX2 - did yours mention the scholarship in the same letter as the decision?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Didn't see anything about a scholarship >_<
@PTX2 - did yours mention the scholarship in the same letter as the decision?

Yes, it did! In bold it stated I received a scholarship and I'd receive an email from the financial aid department within the next few days.

Yes, it did! In bold it stated I received a scholarship and I'd receive an email from the financial aid department within the next few days.
Congrats!!! I was so certain I'm qualified, but looks like they are selecting the best of the best indeed :)

Wow awesome I just got accepted too! Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys in June!

Hey y'all, congrats to all the acceptances! Do any of you know where we might be able to find that "tentative" weekly schedule they showed during the curriculum presentation?

Hey y'all, congrats to all the acceptances! Do any of you know where we might be able to find that "tentative" weekly schedule they showed during the curriculum presentation?
Hey, I might still have mine so after work I can take a pic and post it here if you like

Hey, I might still have mine so after work I can take a pic and post it here if you like

Thanks!

I thought about taking a picture of the slide during their presentation, but it didn't seem appropriate. I've looked through all the material since then and can't find what they had up on screen.

Got it. I asked my interviewer about it. :) She emphasized that it is a draft and won't reflect each semester, but also added that the goal is for us to have around 25 hours a week of class in total.

Attachments

• tentative curriculum.png
    tentative curriculum.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: 1 users
Looks like there's time for gym! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted with scholarship!!!!! While in the dentist's chair!!!
Hi! Congrats on your acceptance. I am applying to MGH in the next application cycle. I am an international Irish student and I will be applying for ALL scholarships haha. I was wondering what your GRE and GPA stats were and how many volunteer hours you had? Any advice would be brilliant! :)

Hi! Congrats on your acceptance. I am applying to MGH in the next application cycle. I am an international Irish student and I will be applying for ALL scholarships haha. I was wondering what your GRE and GPA stats were and how many volunteer hours you had? Any advice would be brilliant! :)

If you go into my profile I have my stats listed on previous posts.

Your pre-req gpa is higher than mine. I would def retake the GRE. Aim for a MINIMUM of 150/150/4.0 -- in my opinion the higher the better.

Frankly, I feel the stats of accepted students are a mixed bag. This makes me believe MGH looks beyond the numbers. I would make sure your essay is phenomenal. A book on how to write personal statements for graduate school is a great investment. Do your best to secure excellent letters of rec. I made sure each reference could address and attest to my different strengths.

You're off to a good start prep-wise! Go get 'em!